Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bonbon5000
Star
Star
Hello people!
will really appreciate accurate answers as i just finished a support session with Arlo , a session that took more then an hour and they couldn't answer really simple questions - i was feeling that maybe a bot is better.... really frustrating
so ,
1. i own arlo pro - 5 cameras and using the vmb4000 base station (the regular one)
2. i live in a country where the subscription plan is not an option , they just not support it
3. i understand that if ill purchase the smarthub vmb5000 or vmb4540 i will be able to wath the motion alert video whihc will be stored on the local drive
4. i will be able to grant access to my guests (family in my case) so they will be able to see the same as i do
5. i will be missing the Siren option on as the smarthub (vmb5000) doesnt have it. any mitigation here?
Thanks in advance (im sure this will be helpful for other folks here)
3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Here are two knowledge base articles that should prove useful

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

https://kb.arlo.com/1146850/How-do-I-view-videos-saved-on-local-storage

All the newer cameras have integrated sirens so if you go the VMB5000 route and need the siren facility in certain areas you may need to get some of the newer cameras.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You can still keep the 4000 Base on the account and still access the siren. They have not mentioned an EOL yet.

Funny that the Base equipment is not mentioned since they are as old as the cameras. It is obviously all about subscription.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bonbon5000 wrote:

4. i will be able to grant access to my guests (family in my case) so they will be able to see the same as i do

Unfortunately this is not the case.  Access to the stored videos is only available from the primary account.  

You can share the cameras (for live streaming), and family will get notifications.   But they won't be able to see any recordings.