Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smarthub vbm 4000 doesn't list devices

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Soccermom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a smarthub vbm 4000m 2 Pro cameras and 2 essential doorbell cameras that are not listed in my Arlo dashboard so I can set up the subscription which evidently has to be done from my myArlo.com account.  All the devices are set up and working properly on my iPhone.  How do I get the devices list on both myArlo account at Arlo.com and on my iPhone? 

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dashboard requires that you create a widget for each camera using the "+" at the top. Devices should show all without interaction. Have you checked Settings, Home, Devices to see if they're listed (or not)?

BTW, the web address is my.arlo.com, not the possible typo of myarlo.com.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Soccermom wrote:

I have a smarthub vbm 4000m 2 Pro cameras and 2 essential doorbell cameras that are not listed in my Arlo dashboard 

All the devices are set up and working properly on my iPhone.  How do I get the devices list on both myArlo account at Arlo.com and on my iPhone? 

I finding this a bit confusing, so would like some clarification.

Are you saying that these devices are not in the app Devices page?

But they are shown on the Devices page on my.arlo.com?

Or are you just having trouble figuring out how to add devices to your subscription plan on my.arlo.com?

Soccermom
Aspirant
Aspirant

The devices are not listed in my.arlo.com after initial setup for all devices using the mobile app.  Using the mobile app the smarthub was connected to the internet and devices were synced to the smarthub. The doorbells are not connected via WiFi but synced to the smarthub.  Is thIs this data supposed to automatically be transferred to my.arlo.com after set up on the mobile app?  

If I disconnect the smarthub from the internet and reinstall it using the instructions that came with the Pro Cameras, will the devices that I have synced to the smarthub using  the mobile app be listed?  I haven't tried this as I didn't want to mess up what I had finally accomplished, getting everything synced through mobile app.

I cannot manage my subscription if the devices are not listed in my.arlo.com.  I understand I need to add devices.  I just don't know how to accomplish this.  I don't recall having to ever add devices to my.arlo.com previously.  They were just there when I logged in.  

Soccermom
Aspirant
Aspirant

The devices are listed in the App 

They are not listed in my.arlo.com.

Is this data not transferred to my.arlo.com when setup is done through the mobile app?

When I try to add devices through my.arlo.com it is asking me to start completely over by starting with the unplugged smarthub and then syncing devices and doorbells can only be synced with the mobile app.  If I do this, won't it delete the syncs that were already done with the mobile app?

Im just confused as to how to accomplish this.  I don't ever remember having to do any setup on my.arlo.com when I first set up my Pro cameras several years ago.  The devices were just there when I logged in.    

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ANy new device has to be added to your account before they will be seen. Are you sure you used Add Device from the Devices card to actually connect them to the base station? Not questioning your sanity, just trying to be clear. When properly set up, any data is automatically seen via either the app or web client.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Soccermom wrote:

The devices are listed in the App 

They are not listed in my.arlo.com.

If you are accessing my.arlo.com on your phone, then you should try a PC browser instead.

I'm not sure about android.  But it is true that you can't see the devices at my.arlo.com on an iPhone (even if you select the desktop view).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can use my.arlo.com on my Pixel 6 Android phone. I had previously set the browser (Chrome) to use the desktop version so I deselected that and logged back in which gave me the account page. Switching back to the desktop version now gives me a  request timed out error regardless of what I try - server issue? In any event, at some point the desktop version of the site does work.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

In any event, at some point the desktop version of the site does work.

On my iPhone I can select the desktop view, but still cannot see devices, routines, etc.  Just the account stuff.