Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
shumph
Guide
Guide

Smart notifications alerts for everything although only People is selected. This started a few days ago. Draining  battery and very annoying. 

9 REPLIES 9
a_rek
Aspirant
Aspirant

For 1 day now,  started receiving all notifications without any change in settings.

shumph
Guide
Guide

Called Customer service this morning. I recycled base station prior to calling and didn’t work. I am still bombarded with push notifications and email notifications of everything. CS Rep instructed me to turn off People and recycle base station. Logged back in and still not working. She said my next option is removing the battery. This is not gonna happen. We are seniors and are not climbing an 8’ ladder to remove battery. This appears to be the solution to every Arlo issue. Surely there is another solution. We have long cords attached to all of our cameras so we wouldn’t have to climb a ladder repeatedly. I am paying for a service that I am not getting. These push and email notifications are very annoying and frustrating. There are so many, I just delete without looking and may miss when some crime is really occurring. 

shumph
Guide
Guide

Called customer service again to fix this issue. This time I was instructed to remove Activity Zones. I was told that activity zones record every motion no matter your designation. I said that was strange because designating just Person with activity zone set up, worked until a week ago. But I removed activity zone. I awoke this morning and I had no recordings at all. I set activity zone again and recording began. Once again every motion was recorded and I was sent emails of every one of them, even though email notification is not selected. . I am totally frustrated.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @shumph

I would like to look in to this issue for you, can you PM me with the email used for your admin account when your system was set up.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @a_rek

Have you tried to perform any of the following trouble shooting tips: Uncheck/Re-check the smart notifications under Settings > Smart Notifications > Select desired camera(s). Reboot your base/Smart Hub, reboot your cameras affected by removing > Reinserting the battery?

shumph
Guide
Guide
I have done all of the above several times except reinserting battery. Not doing that. Not climbing an 8’ ladder. This is something that should be fixed in Arlo’s software or something. It’s ludicrous that every problem has to be resolved by reinserting the battery. Doesn’t Arlo realize that these cameras are installed at staggering heights.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @shumph

Please find this question directed to you in the previous posts: "I would like to look in to this issue for you, can you PM me with the email used for your admin account when your system was set up."

shumph
Guide
Guide

This has been solved. My cameras run on battery and I thought Activity Zones were for wired cameras only. Apparently that has changed? I had set up Activity Zones years ago but it never worked. Suddenly I started getting notifications for everything although I had not touched activity zones since setting it up years before. I was advised to remove Activity Zones. I did and received no notifications at all. I then decided to change zone to only cover the front of my home up to the sidewalk. Previously, it covered the street. I wanted to cover my husband’s truck that is parked on the street.  It worked. I am getting notifications for people only. However, I can still see my husband’s car parked on the street. I can actually see everything in the camera’s view. 

shumph
Guide
Guide

Emails have been solved. I had removed email notifications under Rules. However, email notification was still selected under Modes>Armed.