Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary

As usual a new firmware appears to have been messed up! Since the last firmware update non of my cameras are recording when armed. Everything appears normal in the app, as shows cameras, shows schedule, shows armed but yet nothing is getting recorded!! Have tried resetting and resyncing. Saw a post from someone else who said he was giving up with Arlo now who seemed to be having the same difficulty. This is ridiculous Arlo!! New firmware new problem!!!

10 REPLIES 10
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I dont know if that is what caused my problem but I had a very reliable camera stop working/recording at 9:31am yesterday. Then it started up again after midnight.  It seems like they just pick a camera and shut it off on us, just because they can. It has happened once in awhile with no reason with my other 4 cameras.

WhyUpgrade
Guide
Guide
Same issue as you. I just got the notification that the system was set off and there is no recordings. It didn’t even send the email notification. Gotta love these “updates”....not
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since these issues are relatively one-off (it's not happening to a large group of users), the fastest thing to do is to remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. For whatever reason, it appears that something gets corrupted and the reset fixes it. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules, etc. to speed the rebuild.

WhyUpgrade
Guide
Guide
Everything returned to normal later on the day yesterday without resetting. Apparently it wasn’t the app or iOS update this time. At least it’s back. Thank you for the response jguerdat!
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Funnily enough mine also went back to normal without resyncing further.

Bit too much of a coincidence that. Clearly a bug and a fix on the quiet me thinks! 👀
WhyUpgrade
Guide
Guide
And it’s back off again for a couple days now. 🙄
WhyUpgrade
Guide
Guide
Reset the base unit and all is well once more
dcfox1
Master
Master

That is usually an easy fix to correct quirks. 

WhyUpgrade
Guide
Guide
Chapter 3...after the reboot, everything worked ok. Later, one camera quit working. It was down to 20% charge so I charged it but it still would not pick up motion. It would work when I turned it on. I pulled the battery and let it sit for a bit before reinstalling the battery and adding it back to the system. After that process, that camera came back online and works fine. So, fingers crossed, this is the end of this chapter.
WhyUpgrade
Guide
Guide
I agree but with the caveat that it happens way too many times over the years. What stands out the most is it’s happened twice while I’m away...you know, when I need it the most. That’s why I don’t trust this system.