Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Significantly Decreased Battery Life After Eight Months Of Ownership

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloUser2468
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera batteries initially lasted six months.  Now they last a month at most.  They are all set to 10 seconds recording, at the 'optimal' level (so not full HD).  I have one camera inside the house and this lasts the same period of time - so temperature is not an issue.  I last charged them two weeks ago and they are now at about 42%.

In terms of recording time, I get a maximum of 20-30 seconds of video each day.

The signal from the base station is showing as full.

I have even resorted to using 'schedule' mode so the camereas are only live for a few hours a day.  This has also not helped.

Please can you suggest a solution?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ArloUser2468,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of increased battery drain. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC

ArloUser2468
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is not an adequate response.  There are lots of people experiencing the same problems.  You state in your marketing material that battery life is approximately six months.  This is a misrepresentation and misleading the consumer.  One to two months of acutal battery life is inadequate.  I purchased my system from Amazon and will be approaching Amazon to make a complaint, leave an accurate review and also apply for a refund.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that should address the battery drain issue you are experiencing. I will send you a private message with details on how to apply for this firmware.

JamesC