Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Signal strength poor. Tried restarting Base Station but still shows same message

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Magsarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my Arlo for about a year and half I've been very happy until now the poor signal strength has come on, I have reset,oved the base and it's still giving me this message I'm concerned by the laps in recording times
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What specific message? What does the WiFi indicator for each camera in the Devices tab show?

Magsarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Under the Camera Positioning option of the ARLO it says Signal Strentgh POOR, I have moved the base 3 times, de activated and re activated , updated app and firmware.  It appears to be recording in only 1-2 hour intervals therefore missing activity in between from reviewing the vidoes. I have reviewed the settings all looks normal.  This just starting happening a couple of days ago.   I live in a town house attached two 2 other homes where activity happens quite often. We have had quite a number of car breakins in the middle of the night so its defeating its purpose right now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I was going to ask where you were seeing the poor connection display because lately the motion detection test indication isn't working properly. That's why I suggested using the WiFi indicators for each camera in the Devices tab.

Magsarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will there be a fix for this soon?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Magsarlo,

As jguerdat mentions, what does your WiFi indicator show as on the Devices tab?