Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set up different modes for different cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Eddieee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Need help
I have arloQ and Arlo pro wireless ( currently two connected), I have the arloQ mode on geofencing, to arm when I'm away, and when I'm home to work on a schedule ( armed from 1 am to 6 am while I'm asleep)
I want to set up my front door camera to be always on, and the kitchen camera ( 2nd arlo pro ) to behave same as the Q, meaning on geofencing ( armed when I'm away, and on schedule when I'm home ).
Since the two pros are grouped under base station in the mode section and don't have they separate modes , I couldn't set them up this way even with costume modes or adding rules
Anyone knows how to do it ?
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, first separate the Q from the Pros as they must be be armed separately and each have their own schedule

As to the Pros, you must create two new modes for cameras A & B....call them inside - outside

When you do you will now have Modes for ARMED (all on), A , and B.... when you want schedule to have BOTH Pros on use Armed, or just A or B as needed.

Once the schedule is set up, bring in the Geozone for the PRO

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, first separate the Q from the Pros as they must be be armed separately and each have their own schedule

As to the Pros, you must create two new modes for cameras A & B....call them inside - outside

When you do you will now have Modes for ARMED (all on), A , and B.... when you want schedule to have BOTH Pros on use Armed, or just A or B as needed.

Once the schedule is set up, bring in the Geozone for the PRO

Morse is faster than texting!
Eddieee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think that will work
I did a separate custom mode for watch camera, then I placed the the outside camera on a schedule fro 1200 am to 11:59 pm, the inside camera schedule fro 1 am to 6 am.
Placed the base station on geofencing to be armed for away, and schedule when home.
I think I'll do the same as I'm adding more pros cameras
The Q already has its own modes so it was easy to set up.
I wish the pros have the same, it will be much easier to program.
Thanks for the advice
mparsh70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just want to verify as I have a similar question. I have 2 cameras currently 1 inside 1 outside. I'd like for my outside to be always on but my inside to work off a schedule. Is this possible with only one base?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup. You just need to have modes with rules that always include that outdoor camera in your schedule.  It's the indoor camera that will not be present in certain modes.