Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Security & Hacking Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
micky_dee9
Initiate
Initiate

I have two accounts with ARLO.  One is for my home security system (Arlo Pro2) and the other is for here on the community forums.  I made the big mistake of signing into my home security systems (cams) from this community forum page at the link at the top of the page called "My Arlo".  Somehow, someone was able to spam my log-in info to my home security system from my ARLO.com account.  It was the first and only time I signed into my home security account from ARLO.com instead of normally going to my.arlo.com so I'm passing this info on to others.  If you suspect that someone has hacked into your home security system (cameras), the first thing to do is report it to Arlo to alerts@arlo.com and secondly sign into your account at my.arlo.com and change both your password and use a different email address.  I've reported this to the local sheriff's department and also to the state Attorney General's office.  Arlo is responsible for this.  I've never had an issue signing into my account at my.arlo.com and the one and only time I signed in here at arlo.com two days ago, someone hacked my password and email info and got to look at my cameras and files, and reset the parameters.  Luckily, I check it each and every day and noticed it before any further damage could be done.  I've also reported this to Arlo, but it remains to be seen if they'll do anything about it.  The bottom line, for now and until Arlo does something about this OR answers my complaing, is to NOT sign into your https://my.arlo.com account from here (Arlo.com) and as you can see, at the top to the right of "Support", is a link for "My Arlo".  DO NOT use that link to sign into your home account.

3 REPLIES 3
micky_dee9
Initiate
Initiate

I have two accounts with ARLO.  One is for my home security system (Arlo Pro2) and the other is for here on the community forums.  I made the big mistake of signing into my home security systems (cams) from this community forum page at the link at the top of the page called "My Arlo".  Somehow, someone was able to spam my log-in info to my home security system from my ARLO.com account.  It was the first and only time I signed into my home security account from ARLO.com instead of normally going to my.arlo.com so I'm passing this info on to others.  If you suspect that someone has hacked into your home security system (cameras), the first thing to do is report it to Arlo to alerts@arlo.com and secondly sign into your account at my.arlo.com and change both your password and use a different email address.  I've reported this to the local sheriff's department and also to the state Attorney General's office.  Arlo is responsible for this.  I've never had an issue signing into my account at my.arlo.com and the one and only time I signed in here at arlo.com two days ago, someone hacked my password and email info and got to look at my cameras and files, and reset the parameters.  Luckily, I check it each and every day and noticed it before any further damage could be done.  I've also reported this to Arlo, but it remains to be seen if they'll do anything about it.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

How do you know someone "hacked" your account? Because some parameters were different?

KSP1138
Guide
Guide

Following. A bit confused. I usually sign in to my cameras using https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login. Never paid attention to My Arlo before, but that address is https://my.arlo.com/#/login. Both appear to achieve the same thing. You're saying the latter is not secure? C