Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

monymaru
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all!

I've had my Arlo Pro system (4 cameras) set up and going for about a year now. After some initial hiccups, all is well and I'm really happy with the system. So much so, that I recently bought another Arlo Pro system (3 cameras this time), to be able to have a closer base station to the rear of my property (splitting the 2 for front and rear coverage). 

During initial setup, the second base station can not connect to the internet - the middle LED on the base station is amber. I've checked my router and I can see the base station has an IP address. I can ping it ok. All my devices in the house can connect to the internet ok. Even my original Arlo Pro base station has no issue (Can I rule out router misconfiguration?). I've factory resetted the base station about 5 times now trying to get it to work. I've restarted my router multiple times too.

In summary, my original Arlo Pro system has been going strong for about a year now, and continues to do so. My new base station cannot connect to the internet during initial setup, so I'm stuck at step one trying to add this base station to my network.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

I know I could just connect the 3 new cameras to the original base station, but that will defeat the purpose of getting that extra base station - better wifi signals at the rear of the property.

132 REPLIES 132
wtull4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did the Arlo system crash overnight in Australia? The base station is not connecting to the Internet. I have tried all suggestions in previous threads.

Discussions suggests there is also a problem in America. Any indication when this will be fixed? 

Rawmovement
Guide
Guide

Its def an issue with servers due to high amounts of bought products right after and during black friday

Powellyp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, middle light on hub amber and not able to connect to the hub or my three cameras! Not seeing any formal update or status from Netgear. Would be useful if they could publish something on the website to indicate there's definitely a system wide issue and maybe an ETR for the fix.

Rawmovement
Guide
Guide

even if you try to call them, all systems are just busy. Just wait it out

SeattleSUP
Tutor
Tutor

Right? A simple Twitter message would be nice. I used to work for an online gaming company and network services do go down and it's simply not preventable. Difference is when our services went down we'd immediately issue a notice on Twitter and we also had a status section on our community site. Don't know why Netgear can't do the same. 

Galactus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just set up my system
And internet light is amber.
Is this a arlo server issue at the moment ?
gnelscrim
Tutor
Tutor

I just switched from a Verizon router to Orbi (Firmware V2.0.0.74). Once I got Verzion to release the lease, Orbi and the two satellites have been running like a dream. However, the Arlo base station will NOT connect to the interent through Orbi (through the router or satellite). I have unplugged the ethernet, unplugged the power, turned it off/on, hard 30 second reset after removing it from my devices, and I am not sure what else to do but return it. The stupid thing just won't connect. Am I doing something wrong? It has be fine as I was just using it this morning with the Verizon router so I must just need to click a button somewhere.

Andyha
Guide
Guide

Just remember, Arlo cares....it says so on their website.   Now i don't think it's the customers they care about....probably the $$ they will make by selling all of these security cameras and not upgrading their servers or hiring more customer support. Man, what a good deal....big profits and bonuses coming for the executives.  Way to go, Netgear! 

Andyha
Guide
Guide

Just remember, Arlo cares....it says so on their website.   Now i don't think it's the customers they care about....probably the $$ they will make by selling all of these security cameras and not upgrading their servers or hiring more customer support. Man, what a good deal....big profits and bonuses coming for the executives.  Way to go, Netgear! 

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

All they are saying is they "hope to have a resolution soon".  I believe the issue is server location dependent, as half of my stations (3 out of 6) are working.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The entire Arlo service is down for many people right now.  I suggest you try again after it comes back on line.

gnelscrim
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the info. Must have been just coincidence of me changing my router. Wish they would send out a notification or message.
dehook
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issue here. Of course it went out while I was placeing some of the cameras.

pesetas
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue...hard to believe Netgear hasn't put out a response.  

Fantastic4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought 3 cam Arlo Pro.  Have a perfectly working Orbi with two satelites.  The amber light will not turn green.  Tried reset as per instructions.  Hardwired a PC to the port on the Orbi and Internet working fine.  I had the same problem with another camera.  I bought at Costco and just returned them and repurchased.  Same issue.  I thought this was a simple install.  Help??  

JohnnyG101
Initiate
Initiate
Mine out too...what’s funny is that I tried to disarm the cameras this afternoon Bc I was getting continual push messages and couldn’t log into the app so I just turned the base off. Then I turn it back on a few hours later and the amber light....so of course I think I screwed it up and then come across this. Yes I wish they would have a status page.
NoleRunner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue. It was working just fine and then all of a sudden it stopped connecting to the internet... Very Frustrating that they haven't posted or said anything and instead we spend 2 hours trying to self-fix when it is a problem on their end. I'm having the problem in Tampa, Florida with Frontier Communication as my ISP. Everything else on my network is doing just fine.

Jubalmj
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue with Amber lights
Galactus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is anyone using the 3M to stick to the walls outside rather then screws into the walls ?
Jubalmj
Tutor
Tutor
Does anyone knows if I our in a blank NTFS formatted USB if it would work without the servers?
Rick20147
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought a two camera system today and got an amber light when trying to set it up.  I wasted alot of time trying to troubleshoot and trying to contact customer service before I saw this thread.  Pretty disappointing start.  Hopefully this isn't typical. 

SUMNER6
Guide
Guide

I added 3 cameras to my base station this morning and everything worked fine. my station connects through Orbi. This afternoon i lost connection and i have tried everythjing including reseting the station and i can't get it to connect.. 

SUMNER6
Guide
Guide

how do we know when the arlo system comes back on?

nickdraine
Aspirant
Aspirant

ARLO VMB 4000 and Netgear WNDR4500

Cannont get he Arlo to show a green led on the Internet Connectivity LED.  Only shows "amber" which indicates that there is no

access to the internet.  

Have access on other device on the router and can Ping the Arlo from those devices. 

Latest firmware on the Router. 

SUMNER6
Guide
Guide

i used the 3M strips on my siding outside and its held up for several months