Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

monymaru
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all!

I've had my Arlo Pro system (4 cameras) set up and going for about a year now. After some initial hiccups, all is well and I'm really happy with the system. So much so, that I recently bought another Arlo Pro system (3 cameras this time), to be able to have a closer base station to the rear of my property (splitting the 2 for front and rear coverage). 

During initial setup, the second base station can not connect to the internet - the middle LED on the base station is amber. I've checked my router and I can see the base station has an IP address. I can ping it ok. All my devices in the house can connect to the internet ok. Even my original Arlo Pro base station has no issue (Can I rule out router misconfiguration?). I've factory resetted the base station about 5 times now trying to get it to work. I've restarted my router multiple times too.

In summary, my original Arlo Pro system has been going strong for about a year now, and continues to do so. My new base station cannot connect to the internet during initial setup, so I'm stuck at step one trying to add this base station to my network.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

I know I could just connect the 3 new cameras to the original base station, but that will defeat the purpose of getting that extra base station - better wifi signals at the rear of the property.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC

View solution in original post

132 REPLIES 132
ByeArlo
Star
Star

Get some popcorn and enjoy reading about my drama with Arlo...

Eight months into using Arlo Pro base station with multiple cameras and no issues, all of a sudden the base station decides it no longer wants to connect online anymore. After following all the painful troubleshooting steps, and with the rest of my home network working just fine, all I get from the base station is a solid amber light for the internet connection. So naturally I try to follow through with customer support.

IF YOU'VE READ THIS FAR, AND ARE CONSIDERING BUYING AN ARLO PRODUCT, TURN BACK NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. YOU WILL NOT GET ANY VIABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Here's what happened next:

1) I tried calling 408-638-3750 multiple times. I'd either get a "your call can't be completed as dialed" or the call would get picked up but just have straight silence. (Pay your VOIP bill, Arlo support.)

2) I tried starting a chat session, no luck there -- all it does is create a new browser window that does absolutely nothing other than give you a case number.

3) At this point I start thinking about my warranty options. Arlo has the warranty buried deep on its website, obviously on purpose to avoid accountability for its sham product.

4) Last but not least... penned a good old fashioned email asking for warranty support.

What are the odds this company will even bother to help me? Stay tuned, I'll let you all know if/when I get a response.

Fefe8300
Initiate
Initiate
I'm trying to set up my Arlo base station with my wifi but every time I connect it there a yellow light instead of green but my wifi is on and working
hellobethie
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issues except I just bought mine yesterday 😞

dmctexas
Tutor
Tutor

A lot of people (me included) are having problems right now. Hopefully Arlo will come in soon and say something/help. Here's another thread on the issue: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-service-down/m-p/1436444#M25570

Lx1x
Star
Star

Same here.. It rebooted by itself few min ago..   First time happened..

Fefe8300
Initiate
Initiate
Yes I understand that but I'm trying to connect my box to the wifi and every time I try to turn it of them back on it goes yellow instead of green I'm wondering how to fix that and make it green
Lx1x
Star
Star

Sever issues atm.. Everyone is having same problem.     Must be the Black Friday sale.. new cameras being added crashed the server.. 😉

have my arlo for a year.. This is the first time it have connection problem.   Hopefully it will be fixed tonight.

ByeArlo
Star
Star

Perhaps it's a major device overload as you mention, but Arlo's customer care is totally absent. Really amazing how badly they dropped the ball on a home security product no less.

dmctexas
Tutor
Tutor

Fefe8300 wrote:
I'm wondering how to fix that and make it green

That was my point - it won't go green until the server issue is fixed. Mine was originally green and now is yellow no matter what I do. It's likely Arlo and not you. 

benjaminchoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the wifi issue.  It started with the Arlo account login issue but now the wife connection with the basestation issue

benjaminchoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the wifi issue.  It started with the Arlo account login issue but now the wife connection with the basestation

Fefe8300 wrote:
I'm trying to set up my Arlo base station with my wifi but every time I connect it there a yellow light instead of green but my wifi is on and working

EAC
Aspirant
Aspirant

There was an authentication server outage today (24 November).  After the outage, I could log in to my Arlo app but my base station wouldn't connect to the internet.  I performed a reset.  Now it is hung up.

HELP!

Been waiting for a tech support rep to ansewer for 40 minutes already.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Did you do the paperclip 10s reset? 

There was an earlier server problem that has been fixed. It could take a while to roll out to everyone. The middle led should turn green once successfully connected. 

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Don’t bother with a reset, problem still ongoing. Once it is fixed on the server end, everyone will be good.

bbay49
Guide
Guide

My Arlo Pro Base Internet light is solid amber.  Have tried the factory reset and it will not turn green.

The base also power cycles on its own after a period of time.

Can any one help me get the base on line.  (Have had the base for about 6 months - and had no issues- it suddenly started giving problems).

strider427
Initiate
Initiate

Not an answer, but chiming in to say that I'm experiencing the same thing.  No issues up until this latest outage.  Maybe it's not yet fully resolved?

Lx1x
Star
Star

Not your unit.  It's a server/system wide issues.   Not alone on having same Amber light.

bbay49
Guide
Guide

strider427, thx.  maybe i jumped the gun on factory resetting the unit.  probably should have waited for the system outage to resolve.

SeattleSUP
Tutor
Tutor

Just bought an Arlo Pro system but can't get the base station to connect. It keeps giving me a solid amber light. I've tried resetting the base station (three times!) and the support site offers no addition advice and there doesn't seem to be any chat support option. Any ideas? 

Andyha
Guide
Guide

Appears to be a netgear systemwide issue as I've read on other messages strings. 

bbay49
Guide
Guide

thx Lx1x, could not find details on the outage - sure wish netgear would post such things on their website.

Fullcontact
Initiate
Initiate

So lots of peopleare experiencing amber internet light today, November 24, 2017 at 7:30 pm EST?

20tenss
Guide
Guide
Hope they fix it soon- my system is also down
bbay49
Guide
Guide

Since about 12EST... still down....