Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ran1
Tutor
Tutor

It seesm that after doing all updates the Schedauel is not operating in the right time zone.

I am located in Israel nd according to all the definitions the time zone is set to the right time.

However it seesm to start maybe 100 hours later than the time it is schedualed to.

I have 2 base stations in one it seems to wrk fine ahile in the other it is comletly off.

resting and haveing all apps in the new version did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ran1 wrote:

I am located in Israel and according to all the definitions the time zone is set to the right time.

However it seesm to start maybe 100 hours later than the time it is schedualed to.

I have 2 base stations in one it seems to wrk fine ahile in the other it is comletly off.

The time zone is set independently for each base station.  Are both set to "Jerusalem"?

Ran1
Tutor
Tutor

Both are set to jerusalem.

Both are in Israel but not the same location.

The one with the issue is controled by iphone Xr and iphone SE through the app.

The one without an issue is controled through 2 iphone Xr.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ran1 wrote:

Both are set to jerusalem.

Both are in Israel but not the same location.

I am thinking it's not related to the app. Did you try restarting the base station?  

One possibility is that the router is blocking NTP (so the base station time is off).  That would be unusual, but probably worth checking into.

Ran1
Tutor
Tutor

I am thinking it's not related to the app. Did you try restarting the base station?  

One possibility is that the router is blocking NTP (so the base station time is off).  That would be unusual, but probably worth checking into.

Restaring does not make a dioffrence.

How can I check the base station clock if not through the app or the web intreface?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ran1 wrote:

How can I check the base station clock if not through the app or the web intreface?

I don't think there is any way to do that.

But support should be able to access the base station logs remotely, so they should be able to see it.  So I suggest you reach out to them and ask.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx is the US contact information, you'll have to navigate through www.arlo.com/support to get to the Israel contacts.

afarris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm that I am also having the same issue, the only change in my network being the new Arlo app on iOS.  Timezone (US/Pacific) is set correctly on both base and bridge and schedules which were previously followed without any issue are now off.  I tried setting the schedule as if it were UTC/GMT and that seemed to work at first, but is not quite right.  I will have to continue to test and see if I can identify the offset/timezone that is now being used.  Just wanted to confirm for the OP that this issue does appear to have been introduced by the new app, not necessarily NTP/network related.

Ran1
Tutor
Tutor

Not yet.

I am about to update all devices to IOS13, and the check again.

The reason for that is that I found that Arlo is trying to using iCloud for reason that is not clear to me, and in IOS13 you can easily block that.

Assuming that it takes the time from the iCLOUD environment -that might explain this weird behaviour.

Will update in a few days.

Ran1
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, I have played a bit - and I am not sure what is wrong - but definitely there is something wrong.

When I set a time for the arlo to start - and it is Just about now - the phone looks as it looks as working  - but no recording are being made.

Than a minute later you see that it is disarmed although the time in the schedule is set to arm it.

This time it is the schedule issue is equal for both my systems.

I have tried to contact support and to file a ticket - but it is either a call or a chat - and chat is not working....

Obviously it is a bug that need to be fixed.

Ran1
Tutor
Tutor

I have submitted a ticket - will update.

Ran1
Tutor
Tutor

Some more information on the issue:

When I control My arlo from the web interface - it seems that the time is correct, and it is armed on the rohgt time that I scheduled it to work.

However when I get in from the Arlo App (IOs most recent 2.91 (1134)) it is autmaticaly changed the device to disarm and no motion is being detected.

Thus I think the conclusion from that there is some bug that related to how the application is controlling the time and issue with delivering the right time zone.

Ran1
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunately I got no response from the support except they try to close my support ticket all the time.

Do anyone else has the same issue?

Does any one got a solution for that??

Does that was declared a known bug?

Ran1
Tutor
Tutor

I have switched to a different time zone with the same time and that have solved the issue.

No response from arlo support for a reason I do not understand - but issue is solved.