Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Restrict distance of motion detection?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Howie411
Luminary
Luminary

So 2 weeks ago I purchased an Arlo Pro to replace my Arlo,  so far its a huge upgrade in every way.  My only issue is with the better motion detection and larger field of view, my battery went from 100% to 10% in 14 days.   If you see the below picture, I have the camera just below my garage door looking down the driveway.  Pretty sure the distance is more then 15 feet, but everytime a car drives by its picking it up.  Unfortunetly since the "record till motion stops" is broken I set it to record for 1 minute after detecting motion.   Now my issue may be resolved once that bug is fixed, but for now any ideas to keep the same position without it picking up every car?  I don't want to drop the sensitivity to much or I may miss stuff close up.   Having to have to recharge the camera every 2 weeks is going to stink.

1482973188692.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Picture unavailable at this time...

The major problem is usu covering to much area.  The only info I can offer att this time without pic is to lower it to avoid passing cars and also adjust the sense level

It is much diff than the Arlo and must be adjusted for such...

My Pro hit 55% at about 40 days ( recharged it for some tests ) so feel that normal use with good settings should get you 60 days ( like the Arlo on li-ion 16340 cells )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Howie411
Luminary
Luminary

Hmm not sure why that photo didn't load.  Try this - https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/35EA7E60996FFECC_201612

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pics have to be approved before showing...

yes, the cover of the pir  is 20 max with people...but the cars are large reflectors and are picked up farther away.

As to the roadway traffic you'll either have to lower the angle a bit or lower the sense or both....maybe move the cam to one side to see your drway towards the parked cars and less roadway

Morse is faster than texting!