Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording of Activity

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PeterJB
Follower
Follower

I am for the most part satisfied with my Arlo Pro with one exception.  There is quite a bit of delay between when the camera detects activity, and what the recorded video actually captures.  This results in missing quite a bit of the activity.  Is there a reason for this, or a setting I could adjust to reduce the activity I am missing on the recorded video?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

The biggest thing that I can think of is to look at the user's manual to see how to position the cameras so that most of the movement you wish to record goes across the face of the cameras, not from the front.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PeterJB wrote:

There is quite a bit of delay between when the camera detects activity, and what the recorded video actually captures. 

Remember two things...

1) you can adjust your sense levels to make the camera more sensitive ( edit mode or create a new on )

2) location is important... as mentioned the camera is more responsive to accross the FOV as opposed to straight on.  Sometimes it is required to mount the camera away from target area so the subject triggers coming into active zone and you continue to record as they leave.

https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-or-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Free-camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------