Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording motion still delayed?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
seannymurrs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently upgraded my Outdoor camera from an original Arlo to an Arlo Pro. The main reason I did it was because I wanted the improved lag time between detecting motion and starting the recording. Today was the first time I had a chance to test it when a package was delivered. The camera is mounted in such a way that my door is on the far left side of the frame, and people walking up to the door enter from the far right. When my package was delivered today, the recording still didn't start until the delivery guy was actually at my door placing the package down. This is no better than with the original Arlo. I'm super bummed about this, and am trying to figure out what the issue is. What could be causing there to still be this much lag?
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know, this is not the norm for the pro camera.

Can u post a picture shot of the view for ideas?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
seannymurrs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here's a link to the video itself. Never shared a video before, so hopefully it works.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/FE1D43F37A788C7D_201611
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Looks good to me.  There's still a lag with the Pro cameras but not as bad as the original. What's your sensitivity setting in your rule?  Have you tried increasing it?  Also, while not what you were hoping for, your video may be actually preferable since you get the face of the guy walking away.