Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record until activity stops setup

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jalm1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a mixed arlo household (a few original original Arlo’s (H7) and one pro). On the pro I see the option to record video until activity stops. That sound like a great feature and I have turned it on for the one Arlo pro I have. It seems to work. However, due to the inherent lag between motion I have setup the three Arlo’s in the front of the house to all recode whenever one of them senses motion. If one of the H7’s senses motion then the ‘until activity stops’ feature doesn’t work on the pro (reverts back to a timed recording).

That sort of sucks as the two biggest issue I have with my Arlo setup are:

1) I end up with a lot of blank clips (three cameras are always firing whenever motion is sensed – sometimes motion crosses two or three of the fields of view, but not always) and

2) Recordings that are not long enough (if someone is lingering I miss a lot of the activity, and the reset period creates an awkward gap)

I am looking for some suggestions or how others address this scenario (wanting to capture the complete activity but using another Arlo to trigger)

I could remove the Pro from the group and have it file only when it senses motion (that may create an issue with lag), I could max out the time on the recordings (makes for some long clips and hurts battery life), or I could ……

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I also run a mixed system of 4 original and 1 pro on an original base.

I have 2 originals covering my front driveway. They are at 90 degrees to each other and the trigger each other. I have each set to record for 30 seconds on motion detection and to trigger the other camera to record for 45 seconds. This way, when I check my library, I can tell which camera was the one that was triggered by motion.

I don't currently have my Pro as one of these front cameras but will shift it there shortly and see what I can do with the settings and the 'record until motion stops' feature