Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record Video Option is grey out on Arlo app and website.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
newxmatrix
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

I have cancelled my cloud video recording subscriptions and want to do a local video recording to my Base Station (USB storage).  I have checked my Base Station and it shows storage good but I dont see any video save in the library.

I did google and find out that you need to check record video box inside mode but as you can see, it is grey out.  Please advise how to fix it.  I have reboot, re-add but nothing seen to work.

I feel like Arlo push me to use their cloud service.  😞

Thank you

newxmatrix_0-1686788600482.png

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you still need to have the camera record for local recordings. However, since you seem to have a Pro system, the base you have is likely a VMB4000 or 4500 (check the sticker on the bottom of the base). You must eject the drive from the base to view the videos on a computer. Only the VMB4540 and 5000 SmartHubs support using the app to directly view local recordings.

https://kb.arlo.com/1146850/How-do-I-view-videos-saved-on-local-storage

newxmatrix
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello and yes I have vmb4540 model.  So I eject the USB and check it on my PC. There is no video. Only arlo folder and nothing is it there

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your rule seems odd to me - you're using the doorbell to trigger a separate camera rather than the doorbell itself. Are you using the original doorbell without a camera? I would start by creating a new custom mode and add a new rule to see if that helps. If using a doorbell with camera, use that as the recording device and maybe add the other camera as an addition to the rule.