Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ehouse11
Tutor
Tutor

Just recently, within the last 2 weeks the base unit (in 2 separate locations) keeps going offline. Is there a system issue that is not being addressed??? This is really frustrating.

199 REPLIES 199
kreisls
Aspirant
Aspirant

I started having this error condition occur on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 android tablet.  The app has worked fine on it for years, but started exhibiting the "not connected" red banner this morning.  I am able to connect just fine with my Samsung S9 mobile phone.  I am running the latest version of the application software (v3.1_28345).  Rebooting the Arlo base station had no effect.  I have not run across this issue prior to this.

Meekx
Tutor
Tutor

same 5 plus weeks

rose33090
Star
Star

They say this has been fixed but clearly has not for all of their users. Guess I'll need to be looking for a better camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rose33090

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo Android app v3.2?

kreisls
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am running v3.2_28350.  One of the first things that I checked was that I was running the latest version of the application.  I have even uninstalled and re-installed it,

rose33090
Star
Star

Yes, I was forced to when the working legacy version was completely wiped out. I am trying to go thru Smart Things to my camera; interesting thing,  my smart things gave the not connected to internet error as well but was fine when I rebooted phone. Wish Arlo app would follow suit.

There has to be something in the new app that does not like the latest win10 version nor the S7.

Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

After a month of 100% no issues, the last 3 days have raised the red sign problem again "You are not connected to the internet".....but only for around 5 to 10 minutes at a time.

Mods.......It doesn't matter if I'm on CHROME, MICROSOFT EDGE or the APP on the mobile.

PS. Also at the same time when these signs were present, I couldn't sign into this site to report the problem.

Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can "ZOOM IN" on the mobile but haven't been able to ZOOM-IN on the computer for the last couple of weeks. Forgot to mention that yesterday.

Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

The red flag sign is still coming up, a couple of times everyday for the last week.

Also, the camera's today (only started today but it's happened before) are now not showing live footage but are frozen on the first frame once you've signed in.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Agree with you regarding the frustration. Prevents me from arming the system when I go to leave home.
It’s been about for at least 2 weeks.
The arlo site status site says there are no issues at all.
rose33090
Star
Star

I stumbled on this in an attempt to get the app to work on my phone after months of issues with 'you ware not connected to the internet,, etc.:

https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-obtaining-ip-address-error-android/

Reloaded app and it has worked perfectly since.  Hope this helps.

Gmonroy
Initiate
Initiate
Cameras read offline. Reset cameras, reset base by unplugging for 30 seconds. All cameras charged. Don't know what else to do?
intalex
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem. App constantly reports cameras and base station as being offline even though all lights are green on the base station and the cameras are detecting motion. Extremely frustrating.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Same here it's happening intermittently probably another another one of their brilliant firmware updates that they screwed up
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
My base station's the 4000 I made a mistake on
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with your base station appearing offline? May I ask which troubleshooting steps you performed so far?

Dannybear
Master
Master
I am still getting the issue using iPhone 5s and iPad Air2 with the arlo App.
Issue appears to be random as subsequent logins will eventually show the base station status ok. 4 out of 5 times the login will fail
Issue also occurs at the same time on second base station in use as a siren extension.
The App features affected during the failure vary from no camera loading in the App, detection indicators not shown or are not populated along with “getting information” in mode and eventually going offline.

The iPhone has iOS 14.2 using arlo 3.2.
The iPad has iOS 14.5 using arlo 3.2.
Both base stations have been power cycled along with the modem.
The base station internet led blinks for a second or so when the login fails where it normally lasts several seconds when successful at updating the status.
Base stations are 4000r3 with 4 pro2 cameras latest updates.
Interesting is that the base appears to still operate correctly and can still live view cameras and records etc.
kreisls
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to get the app to work properly by turning off my VPN.  Apparently, that is why the app wasn't seeing the network.

crocker
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue. I am using an Android phone. I am on the latest app version. I have to close and re-open the app several times before it successfully connects to the base station. However, it will connect to the base station every time if using a browser through my Windows PC.

Very frustrating!

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

Same issue here, been going on , on and off now for about a month but VERY persistent the last 10 days - ALL cameras show as offline, but base station is online and cameras continue to record if something is there.  Can't "arm or disarm" anything, because nothing is "online".  I rely on these due to security issues and also like to turn them off when need be when I'm here and this is super upsetting.   I'm not going to keep re-booting and uninstall and re-install and remove batteries etc.... I need an answer as to why this is happening.

2bad2mention
Tutor
Tutor
I have the exact same issue over the last day. Even removed my base station, reset it, and setup everything again. It worked for like 15 minutes and now all of the devices aren’t working. I have an iPhone 11 Pro which I’ve had for the last year and has been working fine until today. Very concerned as this is my house security system and being burgled in the past makes me feel extremely uneasy. Has there been a solution to this yet or is Arlo at least investigating?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the information. Does this issue occur on WIFI & Mobile data?

2bad2mention
Tutor
Tutor
Seems to be both but I’ve just been for a walk (mobile data) whilst the system was down and it appeared to come back up again. I managed to add in my geofencing information and everything is still up (WiFi also). Looks to be very intermittent but it’s been out all day today which forced me to reset everything. I don’t know it that done the trick but as mentioned, after I re-set everything up, it still glitched and was unavailable until just now
slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Recently our Arlo Pro 2 system has been showing "offline" when trying to view via Google Chrome or MS Edge on a PC but shows up online and viewable via the mobile app. Tried on two separate laptops, same result. Why is this happening and how do we resolve it?

2bad2mention
Tutor
Tutor
Something else to mention, I did force a logout of the App after the reset/setup when it went offline again. The devices are still showing up as online as of the last hour or so. Might have stabilised although will keep an eye on things and update this post