Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rcordings not in library

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

I've searched FAQs but didn't see anything on this.

I have 3 cameras and just set them up from Schedule to Armed. I'm getting notifications via email that motion has been detected but nothing recorded or in library.

Am I incorrect in assuming that armed means record and file in library?

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
The Armed mode is a default mode that you can set active for convenience. You can also create custom modes for tailored requirements.
The mode is a container for the rules for each camera that you want to monitor for events when the mode is active.
The camera rule lets you decide what to do such as record, push notifications and or emails.
The recording length is adjustable but default is to record until motion stops. I.e. if a person walks up to the camera and stops moving the recording will cease until the person starts moving again. Be aware that there is a reset time before a new detection can be made so if the person leaves during this time it will not be recorded.
What you’re describing suggest a problem with recording to the arlo cloud library.
Test by doing a manual recording which should show up, if not check if the motion recordings are on the base station USB backup device if installed.
Confirm here what cameras types are in use as cameras newer than the pro2 require current subscription plan to record.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

I don't use a schedule but are they selected to record motion in the Mode- Rules for each camera. 

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

That's what I have in the Mode. If the camera(s) record, where are they? Are they not maintained? If not, why record. Doesn't make sense to have a camera record motion but not save it.

So, I went back to Schedule and modified my schedule. Now, I'm getting email alerts of motion but nothing in library. I can view the recordings in the email, but nothing in the library.  

Not only that, but in the Mode, it is set to record as long as there is motion. Most I get is about 10-15 seconds then nothing.

About to get rid of Arlo and go to something that does what it's supposed to do. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
The Armed mode is a default mode that you can set active for convenience. You can also create custom modes for tailored requirements.
The mode is a container for the rules for each camera that you want to monitor for events when the mode is active.
The camera rule lets you decide what to do such as record, push notifications and or emails.
The recording length is adjustable but default is to record until motion stops. I.e. if a person walks up to the camera and stops moving the recording will cease until the person starts moving again. Be aware that there is a reset time before a new detection can be made so if the person leaves during this time it will not be recorded.
What you’re describing suggest a problem with recording to the arlo cloud library.
Test by doing a manual recording which should show up, if not check if the motion recordings are on the base station USB backup device if installed.
Confirm here what cameras types are in use as cameras newer than the pro2 require current subscription plan to record.
Newbie2Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently I have been experiencing videos not being recorded in the Library.  The  community board suggested delete the device on the application then a factory reset to add back the device.  When adding the device back, with the help of Customer support, I was able to sync by waiting for the amber light after the blinking blue lights.  Placed the camera back (12 feet high) and was able to view recordings in the library.  Three hours later, no recordings.  Called support and they asked me to disarmed all devices and armed.  Log out and log back in.  Within an hour, recordings were found in the Library.  Whew!  This helped avoiding ladder climbing. 

Customer Support: 866-214-6520