Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Push to talk just spinning/Not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary

Hi.

Is the push to talk function on the iOS working correctly? Haven’t used it for ages but tried tonight and when you press the microphone button it just has the spinning/thinking button and then doesn’t change so can’t get it to work. Anyone any ideas? On latest everything with iPhone 11

16 REPLIES 16
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Pgsullivan

Are you still experiencing this issue with the push to talk feature? I was not able to replicate as described. Have you tried to reboot your base station & test again?

tbui8638
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 3 Base Station Model VMB4540r2, Firmware 1.16.1.3_495_1a608c1

IOS 13.4.1

I just purchased a 3 cameras system and the push to talk function on the iOS is not working on all 3 cameras.  I am getting the spinning button when I press the microphone button.   Below is a  screenshot from my iPhone of the spinning button.  Has anyone able to get this feature to work?

IMG_9891.PNG 

I just tested from the Windows Chrome Browser and PPT is working so it must be an issue with the IOS app.  Please provide a software fix soon.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @tbui8638

I have. few questions for you.

• Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using? 
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps?
tbui8638
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne,

I am using Arlo Mobile App version 2.17 (441) on iPhone XS Max 13.5.1.  

I preformed some basic troubleshooting steps such as reboot the base station, removed and added camera and plugged the camera into the charger.   I tested with Windows Chrome browser and PPT is working so I don't believe this is a hardware or firmware related issue.

Thai

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tbui8638

Is this issue periodic? Does the camera connect eventually after pressing the push to talk button, or does it stay stuck on the connecting screen? Is there any error messages?

I was not able to replicate this issue with a iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 13.5.1 & Arlo app vs 2.17

tbui8638
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shayne,

This is not a periodic issue as I could not get the the PTT feature to work At all. It always stuck in the connecting screen without any error message. All three cameras behave the same.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

sshiva
Aspirant
Aspirant
I get an error when I try to access microphone on my arlo pro 2 devices (3). It starts from 'Please wait' to 'Connection failed. Tap this message to retry'. Anyone else encountered this issue?

Tested both on Android 8 and 10
Phone models : S7, Pixel 4, S10
Rediscovered/Readded camera didn't work
Reset base station and added devices back didn't work
App has access to microphone on my androids
Firmwares are up to date
Started to happen after app update
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @sshiva

Is this issue occurring on both Wifi & Mobile Data?

Is this occurring on the web browser as well?

sshiva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
MoMo2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have both Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Pro cameras, two base stations (each at a different location).  On all cameras, i cannot get the push to talk to work.  It spins and spins.  My app is up to date.  I've removed the cameras from the base stations.  Turned off base stations.  Nothing works.   I need to be able to talk on these cameras.  Please help.  thanks

Clivy
Tutor
Tutor

Same with me

I am using iphone XS, Netgear R7000 , Arlo Q Plus and Arlo Baby

Pushing button just keep spinning and show connecting

Tech support never give u solution which helps

The latest APP sucks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Clivy

Which version of the Arlo app are you using?

tbui8638
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed that Arlo app on a different iPhone and PPT is working.  It turned out that my phone is being managed by my company with a policy that prevented this PPT function from from working.   For those that is having this problem, try to install the Arlo app on another phone.

Clivy
Tutor
Tutor
On today, 10Aug20, Hong Kong time 1130, push button function is back without reset or setup anything. Strange enough!
I was expecting new release of Arlo app to solve the problem. But nothing was release at the mean time.