Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary

Starting today, i recieved a push notification every single time my cat walked in front of one of my cameras.  I checked my settings many many many times, and NOWHERE do I have it set to send me push notifications.

And I can't disable the notifications in Android settings, because then it won't Push when batteries are low.

WHAT IS GOING ON !?!?!

Android 10 - Pixel 3a - Arlo Pro

49 REPLIES 49
MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
I have two base stations, one is an Arlo Pro base, the other is an Arlo Pro 2 base. I have a mixture of Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I am using the Android app on a Pixel 3a with the latest updates installed.
Gpalijojo
Initiate
Initiate
Same here , receiving alerts when they are disabled
Civrock
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Pro 2 (x2), iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13.3.1

Same issue here for the past couple of days. Both with default Armed mode and custom, and push notifications turned off (except in the Smart Notifications for Arlo Smart).

TME
Initiate
Initiate

The problem started a few days ago.  We are running arlo pro 2 cameras.  Iphone XR

coffeefriend
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo pro cameras in custom mode with an iphone 8 plus.  They started out of the blue a couple days ago. 

Only notifications I should get are ones over night when someone is inside my house so turning notifications off completely is not a solution.  I am getting notifications from all outdoor cameras throughout the day.  Audio triggers might be part of the issue.  Just a guess!

Jsg420
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

I have 6 Arlo pro 2 cameras.  I have created a custom mode which I named always on.  I have rules to record motion on my four outside cameras and no rules for my two inside cameras when in this mode.  I don't have push notifications or email notifications checked for these four outside cameras.  Suddenly I started receiving push notifications when motion is detected on these four outside cameras.  I go into the app and see that neither push nor email notifications are checked.  I log into via a computer and also don't see that neither push nor email notifications are checked.    I have checked both push and email notifications and saved then returned and unchecked both push and email notifications and saved and that does not help.  Why am I getting these notifications still?

DitsOmeN
Initiate
Initiate
I keep getting push notifications even though I have unchecked the options for push notifications and email notifications. I am set to geolocation and the options are disabled on both modes. How do I stop this from happening?
SkySrfr
Guide
Guide
I've already restarted both my base stations and continue to randomly have this sort of issue with both of them: I set a mode to record on the same camera that detected motion, but disabled all their push notifications. Then, even after I verify they are in the correct mode, I get notifications from all the cameras!
However modes are being handled is just generally buggy and I had other issues with mode settings when I started using these cameras. Even though geofencing is currently configured for one base station, they both exhibited the same behavior when I manually set the modes.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jsg420 wrote:

Why am I getting these notifications still?

You shouldn't be.  Try changing the mode to disarmed, and then back to Always on, and see if that helps.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SkySrfr wrote:
I've already restarted both my base stations and continue to randomly have this sort of issue with both of them: I set a mode to record on the same camera that detected motion, but disabled all their push notifications. Then, even after I verify they are in the correct mode, I get notifications from all the cameras!
However modes are being handled is just generally buggy and I had other issues with mode settings when I started using these cameras. Even though geofencing is currently configured for one base station, they both exhibited the same behavior when I manually set the modes.

No idea why this is posted in the idea exchange, as it is a bug report.  I've seen a couple of other folks reporting this, so it is something Arlo development should follow up on.  @JamesC - could you kindly move this post, and also follow up with support/development on the issue?

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
Stephen,

If you had read through the thread, you would of seen that there is a server-side error causing these unwanted notifications.

This is an Arlo issue, not a user issue.

It still has not been resolved.
SkySrfr
Guide
Guide

I called customer service to ask where I should file bug reports and they said I should put it in the Idea Exchange. Is there another site for bug reports, or is that just a section of this site? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MotoRider42HC wrote:
If you had read through the thread, you would of seen that there is a server-side error causing these unwanted notifications.

Don't jump to conclusions.  I did read the thread(s).  Mods move posts around, so the original context is often lost later.

The first reply I made was to a stand-alone post, which was later moved (along with my reply).  At that point I hadn't seen any other posts on the issue, so I suggested the mode toggle.  I saw some other posts (also stand-alone) later on, and that made it clear that it was Arlo issue.  After all that, the mods consolidated them in to a single thread.

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
It looks like the moderator edited my OP, and some of the following posts from others, without even making notes, or informing us. What a disgrace. That is not how forums are supposed to work.

Arlo needs to get off their butts and fix this problem, instead of sneakily changing posts.

Every time I try to call their phone number, the person's accent is so heavy that you can't understand them, or the person is so stupid they have the audacity to tell me to "uninstall the app and reinstall it". And then continue to blame the problem on me. What a joke.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this. A backend issue was fixed that should resolve the issue with push notifications being sent even when it is disabled. Please let us know if you are still receiving push notifications even when it is turned off.

mgbnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the  update Jessica. Since you posted your message I have not received any unwanted push notifications. Thank you!

Bsch101
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Jessica, I am still getting an occasional push notification on one camera even though the camera has push notifications disabled. It happened last night and just right now.
MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
This problem is NOT solved!

Although the unwanted motion notifications have stopped, I am now getting sound notifications every time somebody talks near the camera. Considering more than half of my 12 cameras are inside, this is completely unacceptable and causing a lot of problems.

I don't appreciate that you marked yourself as a solution, even though I was the original poster and I did not accept your solution.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MotoRider42HC wrote:

Although the unwanted motion notifications have stopped, I am now getting sound notifications every time somebody talks near the camera. Considering more than half of my 12 cameras are inside, this is completely unacceptable and causing a lot of problems.

Is this happening when notifications are disabled?  Or are you saying that notifications are enabled, but you are getting audio detection notifications (even though the rules aren't configured to use audio detection)?

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
As i said in my original post, i have ALL notifications turned off in the Mode settings. I do not have any notifications turned on, at all.

Yet, I had to put up with audio notifications, non-stop yesterday, while I was trying to work.

I've attached a screenshot this time, since Arlo's default answer is always to blame the user. As you can see at the top of the screenshot, audio detection is turned off. As you can see at the bottom of the screenshot, notifications is turned off. This is the exact same for every single camera I have.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

@Bsch101, which Arlo camera are you experiencing this issue?

@MotoRider42HC, could you let us know the date/time of when you received unwanted push notifications? And which camera(s) are you experiencing this problem?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MotoRider42HC wrote:
As i said in my original post, i have ALL notifications turned off in the Mode settings. I do not have any notifications turned on, at all.

Yet, I had to put up with audio notifications, non-stop yesterday, while I was trying to work.

I asked because I once was receiving audio alerts even though they weren't enabled for my camera.  Notifications were on though.  

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
Jessica,

As I said, it was all day yesterday.

Which was 01/12/2020.
9am to 6pm.
Central Standard Time.

And I said in my previous post(s), i have a mixture of Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

@MotoRider42HC,

Our engineering team is trying to identify the exact issue you're experiencing. They would need to know which exact Arlo camera(s) you're experiencing this problem and the exact time of when you're receiving unwanted notifications. This information will help the team look into the issue further.

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
you should have told us that one week ago when this issue started, and I would have had over a hundred screenshots with exact times for you by now.

The next time I'm working then I will be happy to take screenshots for you.