Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro "your camera speaker is disabled"

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Jandresalvarado
Follower
Follower

I am having issues with using the push to talk feature on my app. I keep getting the message "your camera speaker is disabled. Go to camera settings to enable." I've tried the settings on my personal device, and gone though the arlo app. Can somebody please explain to me how to get it working?
I am using an iPhone 6 Plus, running the most current software. My arlo is also up to date with the latest firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pfho,

It sounds like the Arlo app may not have permissions enabled for the microphone on your mobile device. Within your iOS settings, check Arlo permissions and ensure that the microphone is enabled.

JamesC

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Did you find in the camera settings where you can toggle the speaker on that specific camera on and off? You can also toggle the mic on and off

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tested it with a PC ?

Then you would know if it is the phone or Arlo system

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ilinduri
Initiate
Initiate

This is happening to my device as well. All iOS products haven't worked even after toggling speakers on and off in the setttings.Google Chrome doesn't seem to work either.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new iOS version of the Arlo Mobile app is available for download. Please make sure to update the latest iOS version. You can see the release notes here: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.2 - 14th June 2017

JamesC

pfho
Initiate
Initiate

Current version 2.4.2 and did not fix the "camera speaker is disabled" problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pfho,

It sounds like the Arlo app may not have permissions enabled for the microphone on your mobile device. Within your iOS settings, check Arlo permissions and ensure that the microphone is enabled.

JamesC

Bj28
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just did this and it works. You must enable arlo access to your microphone in the settings on your apple device
pfho
Initiate
Initiate

It was a self-inflicted wound: I had "Restriction" on with my iPhone. I "unrestricted" it and it's working now - thanks!

banditboy55
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems that I use to have this feature on my cameras but now I don't see the mircophone icon that you pushed to speak.  I followed these replies and it shows on my iphone 6 that arlo has access to the mircophone.  So I do not know what else to do?  Please help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's in live view, with a mic icon.
banditboy55
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I have it in live view I don't have the mic icon...
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you sure you have the latest version of the app? Are you sure you have Arlo Pro cameras? What's your Arlo Pro firmware version?

banditboy55
Aspirant
Aspirant
My app shows version 2.4.2. Yes I have arlo pro cameras. The firmware version shows 1.092.0.4_13099 for the cameras and version 1.8.9.0_11528 for the station.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Not sure what else you can do yourself then. Contact Support at the bottom of the page and get them to work through everything with you. Unfortunately, the Netgear Agent will get you to start right from the very start with the most basic stuff but if you are patient, I'm sure they'll sort your problem out

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh, if you jump on your computer and log in from Chrome or Firefox, can you see a mic button when you go to Live View on there?

banditboy55
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, when I get on a computer and log in I do have the mic icon.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

So then it is a permissions problem with your phone app and the phone mic

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

banditboy55,

Log out of the Arlo mobile app and sign back in. You should then be able to see the microphone icon. Be sure to log out via Settings > Profile > Log out.

JamesC

banditboy55
Aspirant
Aspirant
That worked, thank you!