Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro Outdoor Charger

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tnmom2amk
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased 2 of the long awaited Arlo outdoor chargers. One works fine. The other was working when we hooked it up, about 2 weeks ago, but now I get a warning that it cannot charge the battery and to use an Arlo approved adapter. I have submitted to support, but was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the new chargers?

It's irritating that I waitied months for this thing to FINALLY be available, which was supposed to make it easier on my husband and myself, only to have it be a piece of crap. Grrrr!!!!20170810_134500.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Was the outdoor charger plugged in all the time and suddenly came up with this message?

Was there a period where the charger was plugged into the outdoor mains plug but not plugged into the camera?

tnmom2amk
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, the error just came up on Tuesday. It's been plugged into the outlet & camera all the time. We have an outdoor outlet with quad plugs. All outlets work and the flood light running off the plugs works. (and no, the light has not been turned off.) We have tried resetting the GFI and have tested all plugs.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

OK. Just wanted to make sure that no moisture had entered the USB plug that can happen if it sits outside unplugged.

If you haven't already try and swap around the two chargers to make sure that the problem follows the charger.

If so then unfortunately it looks like the charger is faulty.

I would then return it for a replacement which would probably be quicker than contacting support first.