Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
My Arlo Pro Base station was unable to download the latest update (Pro Base Station FW 1.10.0.8_22190)

Tried to restart the base station and download still failed

All 5 Arlo cameras are inactive. Very frustrating.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
Issue resolved but through no intervention from me.

Came home and all cameras were accessible again and base station has been updated.

I suspect the port setting changes by my ISP fixed it and my base station & cameras were able to download the update automatically

What still doesn’t make sense was why this didn’t work when i tried a different network.....but I won’t be dwelling on that now that the issue is resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu , the issue with a failure to complete a d/l of FW is data thruput....

Is your system better than 1 Mbs ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have a fibre connection at home so bandwidth is not an issue.
The issue is when I hit the download button on the cameras or on the base station settings in the app it doesn’t download the FW
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you attempt the same d/l via the web ?     https://arlo.netgear.com/

I find the web better for most maintenance , apps just for arming, etc

Morse is faster than texting!
Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
How do Ai use the web browser to update my base station?
Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
How do I use the “web” to download the firmware? I assumed you meant web browser
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just use a web browser from a computer to try the update. Some functions of the app interface seem to have issues while a browser doesn't.

Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
I logged into the MyArlo website via my mobile phone (Safari) browser but can’t find the link to update firmware
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to Settings, My Devices, your base, Device Info and check the firmware version. You should see an update notice there if it's behind.

Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi - this latest ARLO PRO Update is VERY VERY FRUSTRATING

I have tried everything - Update via the mobile app on iOS and also on the web browser and both attempts have failed!!!!

Attached is the error message from the web browser.

What can be done?????

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Check your system's settings on firewall, antivirus or vpn and make sure you allow Arlo... That's odd that even web is not letting you download.. 

Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve done that. Nothing to do with Firewalls Antivirus and I’m not running on VPN

All previous updates worked fine. Just this one. Cameras are still recording. I just can’t do a live view on any of them at the moment till the updates are installed on the base station and cameras
Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have also tried IE, Chrome, Safari browsers, different laptops and different mobile phones with the app. No luck!
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Have you done power cycling your router and base?

Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I have

I’m wondering if this issue might have anything to do with port settings by my ISP.
My ISP is iiNet in Australia
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Could be.. check all possible settings on your modem/router and allow Arlo.. You said you have a fiber connection? Call your ISP maybe they can help guide you for port settings..  

ptshao
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Nickpng,

Have you by chance solved your problem? I have the exact same problem as you, so if you have any progress on the problem, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

BR

Peter

Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Peter - Unfortunately not 😫
Is your internet service provider (ISP) iiNet?
I’m starting to wonder if the ISP’s settings might have anything to do with it as I’ve tried EVERYTHING on my end.. Have contacted iiNet to investigate.

Keep me posted on how you go.

In the mean time, Living the dream of NOT BEING ABLE TO USE ALL 5 of MY ARLO CAMERAS
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Another option is bring your Base and 1-cam to your friends/Family member/neighbor that has a good internet access and updated from there.. Maybe worth a try while waiting for your ISP to investigate.. 

Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had a call with iiNet Tech Support this morning who unblocked all my ports - STILL DOESNT WORK

Went to a friends place to plug in the base station and download the patch - STILL DOESNT WORK

Netgear - YOUR MOVE! Please investigate or provide options.

To Recap here's what I've attempted:

Update the base station via the iOS Mobile App - FAILED

Update base station using the desktop browser (IE, Safari, Chrome) - FAILED

ISP (iiNET) unblocked all ports and ensured no firewalls / antivieus is blocking my downloads - STILL FAILED after all ports were unblocked

Tried to download from another internet provider / someone elses home - FAILED

I have 5 Arlo cameras and one Arlo Pro base station that I can't connect to at the moment for Live feeds,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The last gasp effort that you haven't tried yet is to remove all dev ices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. If desired, also use the reset button until the LEDs flash amber before starting the fresh start. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Perofrm any noted firmware updates as you go.

ptshao
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Nickpng,

Thanks for your replying. Now I have solved the problem same as yours. 

The method is straightforward: Use physical switch ON/OFF button on your base station to restart it and then the upgrading will be accomplished automatically.  Don't use soft restart key in your apps to do so. 

I don't know why it works, but it does solve my problem. Hopefully you can tackle down the headache as well.

Good luck.

BR

Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice
Issue resolved but through no intervention from me.

Came home and all cameras were accessible again and base station has been updated.

I suspect the port setting changes by my ISP fixed it and my base station & cameras were able to download the update automatically

What still doesn’t make sense was why this didn’t work when i tried a different network.....but I won’t be dwelling on that now that the issue is resolved 🙂