Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Preview updated but no recording

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mobalized
Tutor
Tutor
Both my Pro and Pro 2 cameras seem to presumably detect some motion which causes the main preview screens to update "28 minutes ago." Even though my cameras are all set to record motion clips 24/7, they just aren't set to send notifications at all hours - sometimes I have a preview which is new and no recorded clip that corresponds.

For example this morning is May 26th, one of the camera previews shows an image from about 30 minutes ago, that camera is set to have recorded motion during that time, there are no recordings for May 26th saved to the cloud.

No one has live viewed the camera during that time either.
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using Smart? I've noticed that if Smart is set to ignore certain subjects this can happen (Smart requires a recording but won't notify/store if not one of your selections).

Mobalized
Tutor
Tutor
I do have smart premiere but all instances are set to record.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But is Smart activated for your cameras? Look in Settings, Smart.

Mobalized
Tutor
Tutor
I was trying to be clear in my last response. Yes smart is enabled on all cameras but it is not restricted (all items are selected to record)
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think it's a Smart issue. Try removing a camera (deactivate it in Smart using the Edit at the top) to see how things react. You can then try adding it back and see whether that makes a difference.