Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor signal, camera next to base. Delayed notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PropDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow!  I was going to post about my issues with the Arlo camera system but the forum itself is crap too.  You're advised to select a model from the drop down menu but mine is not listed at all.  Model VMB4000r3.  All you have is the 3000 so I selected that.  Anyway, I have been nothing but disappointed with the quality of this product and app.  This thing is showing poor signal even with the camera mere inches away.  Also, do you want to be notified of when the camera picks up movement? Don't worry. It will notify you right away! Or, it might be 20 minutes afterwards. Who knows???

2 REPLIES 2
Epike3095
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue with brand new system bought from QVC.  Very low signal from cameras to base with all components located very close (right next to each other).  Video is so slow and I feel like an idiot for wasting hard earned money for two systems.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@PropDad wrote:

This thing is showing poor signal even with the camera mere inches away.

In your video you didn't give the app time to show the WiFi strength on the Devices tab. The Positioning indication seems to be bogus since it does that for everyone - open a case with support to get it fixed:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Use the WiFi indication on the Devices tab instead.