Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
samarasc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro mounted to my front door looking through the storm door and the battery is only lasting 2 days at best.  I do not have any motion detection on as I know that will not work through the glass.  I have an audio alert enabled thinking this would not drain the battery that much.  I have 2 other cameras installed and they are still at about 85% of the first battery charge.  Am I missing something in the setup or is there anything that would be causing the battery to discharge so quickly?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What kind of doors, mirrors, walls, ductwork, etc. Are in the signal path between the camera and base? If the camera is struggling to maintain a connection battery life will suffer. Adly.

samarasc
Aspirant
Aspirant

The door is a steel entry door with a wooden back and a full glass storm door.  The camera shows full connection and I have another camera mounted about 30 feet farther away and both show full signal.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The steel door is likely the issue - signals just aren't going to work well with that in the way. You should look for another possible location that doesn't present the signal blockage issues.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

The best way to find out if it's location or equipment related would be to move the camera closer to the base for a couple of days to see if the battery life improves. Going flat after 2 days sounds like it could be something more than just location.

You could also place one of the 85% drain cameras in that location to see if it drains as fast.

Jack_frost
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you using the rechargeable cubes or the individual batteries? There’s an issue some people are discovering. The battery door is composed of two pieces. Many people, including myself have hurriedly close the door after loading the batteries. What happens is the inner plate with contacts touches only two of the first batteries. The interface in your app then indicates 100% but rather quickly the batteries loose charge. If you open the door so that it’s just resting on top of the batteries, grip the camera in one hand and pull the door back firmly. Then apply pressure and close the door. You might find your battery level then jumps. If so, you can burn them up in the camera or put a fresh set in.

Good luck.