Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pixelated and vertical lines video on all cameras starting 3/4/2021. WiFi is working fine.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
msweeden
Follower
Follower

I've had had an Arlo base station and 2 Arlo Pro cameras for nearly 4 years, and they have always worked fairly well. Staring 2 days ago (3/4/21) I am not getting motion recording when I should, and both cameras are routinely recording shortened video with pixelation and vertical lines. I don't know if this is due to a firmware update or service update with Netgear. My WiFi network is working fine. Since it's on both cameras, I think the cameras themselves can be ruled out (unless this is caused by a firmware update). Any light on resolving this issue would be appreciated. I have already tried resetting the cameras and the base station to no avail.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always check when updates are done by looking in the Firmware Release Notes section here. The latest release was the middle of February so it's likely not a firmware update that caused this. Try moving the base away from the router as much as possible - I had to do this a while ago after having it almost touching the router for years.

dianaWVUPhan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Came here searching for possible solutions for why 3 of my 5 cameras that had been working fine for several years stopped detecting motion about a week ago.  Initially I tried removing and re-adding the cameras which did not solve the issue.  I then removed the batteries for a bit and this did not solve the issue.  

I then tried  jguerdat's  advice to remove the base station away from my router and BINGO.  That worked!!