Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

jjs4653
Star
Star

Has anyone experienced pixelating video in the first 2-3 seconds of the recorded video.  It happens every time for me.  It has great reception  full Wifi bars... and does not happen with my original Arlo camera.. just with the new Pro.

450 REPLIES 450
skysigns
Apprentice
Apprentice

My system says firmware 1092.0.4_13099 can anyone confirm that this is indeed the latetest firmware? I really didn't get to test it out yet if it is.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Yes that's the latest from where I just got it yesterday and for me it's working quite well

skysigns
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks, just out of curiosity I didn't download it manually,it updated by itself. Is this normal?
see78
Guide
Guide
Yes. It automatically downloads and installs. And it has been working pretty much flawless for me since the update yesterday.
DayDad
Apprentice
Apprentice
The new firmware for the cameras seems to work way better. Thank you for finally pushing it to us! It did update automatically which if I recall we normally had to do it manually. I guess it's something new?
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
My update was automatic also
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Not only is that fixed but recording at 16 seconds is no longer as iam seeing any where from 6 seconds to longer then 2 minutes as motion is detected so I guess that's fixed also. Nice job NETGEAR
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
The only problem I'm seeing with my Android phone is that a couple times today it will hang between arm and disarm I have to force close and reopen the app
steve_t
Master Master
Master

silverado44 wrote:
Not only is that fixed but recording at 16 seconds is no longer as iam seeing any where from 6 seconds to longer then 2 minutes as motion is detected so I guess that's fixed also. Nice job NETGEAR

Is that for the "record until motion stops" option?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Johnny290 wrote:
The only problem I'm seeing with my Android phone is that a couple times today it will hang between arm and disarm I have to force close and reopen the app

Probably something for another thread. Have you got the latest app? (which actually is an older version)

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Yes I do
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Latest version is now 2.4.4.  The faulty version was 2.4.3.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest firmware update. Be sure your Arlo Pro camera is up to date with the latest firmware: Release Notes – Arlo Pro Camera 1.092.0.4_13099 – 10th July 2017

JamesC

jsm174
Guide
Guide

Unfortunately I did have some pixelation today and I know the camera was on the updated firmware.

I donated the video.

Dustin278
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks @JamesC !!!!

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ever since getting this version, my videos are A OK, thanks!

Howie411
Luminary
Luminary

This issue isn't fully resolved, its like 90% better but it still happens. I sent a video from just 2 days ago to Netgear support with pixelation.  I've been running their beta's for almost 2 months now.  I have not heard from the Rep I have been working with it is resolved fully.

sharkcom
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC  Can you tell me if this also addresses the "record until motion stops"?    Previously with this setting, it only seems to record a maximum of 10-12 seconds despite motion still going on in the frame.   Sorry, dont mean to hijack this thread but the release notes just say "Bug Fixes" so not sure what bugs those are besides the pixelation issue noted.

Thanks very much for confirming back in this thread that the new firmware addresses the pixelation.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sharkcom,

Yes, changes to that feature were made in the most recent firmware release.

JamesC

Dustin278
Apprentice
Apprentice

After update my camera update has been running flawlesly! Finally!

Alexcaid
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I noticed a drop in motion detection in the past days. Could be since this firmware update. I know this topic is about image quality (which is why I ended up here as this was initially what I was looking for).

Has anyone else noticed a drop in motion detection ? I had to push all my cameras to 99% or 100%.

I noticed it as coming back home, my front camera which is about 30 feets away filming directly to the alley would not notify noticing me. Also saw a woman walking her dog in my yard, and was suprised Arlo did not detect it.

Alex.

see78
Guide
Guide
I've noticed this too. Used to have it set at 88 and would pick up everything. Now at 100 and it's missing some things. It would constantly go off at 100 before. Only happening with Pros.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I've also noticed this after the firmware update
szabi510
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there,

Sorry if was this question. The quality may be poor when the base very close to modem/router ( <1 feet)?

Thank you
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It shouldn't be but you could always experiment. If possible, you could turn off the 2.4GHz on your router (as long as all your wifi devices connect to your 5GHz network). Netgear testing has found that when the base station is next to the router, having it be on the same channel as the router actually reduces interference. A few people have mentioned that when they set their 2.4GHz network to use channel 6, it seemed to work the best. YMMV though