Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Phones showing as disabled in Geofencing.

Reply
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 340 Views
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Highlighted
NoGeo702 Aspirant
Aspirant

Both mine and my wife’s iPhones ( XS and XR running IOS 12.4.1 ) are showing as disabled in the new Arlo app. Location services are set to always on and both devices are showing in the enabled devices screen in geofencing. Prior to loading the new app, they had suddenly began to show as unavailable in the legacy app. Tried just about everything except wiping the base station and starting from scratch. The address is correct in geofencing and again verified location services are always on in the Arlo app in location services and under settings. I do have Home Kit enabled but the issue began well before it was set up. At this point my cameras have to be manually armed and disarmed. Very frustrating, have no idea where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
ShayneS Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @NoGeo702

 

  Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

randinnc Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station VMB5000r4

iPhoneX on IOS 13.1

Everything is configured correctly.  Now even though I enable a device, the device screen shows the device as "disabled" to the right of the screen, even though the device is checked.   Happened when I upgraded the Arlo app 2.9.1 (1134).  I am unable to enable any device.  They all get marked "disabled".

 

Spent an hour or so on chat with customer support trying to get this fixed with no resolution.

 

Case # is 41156400

 

Hopefully this will get fixed soon,

 

randinnc Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally figured out that the devices being marked as "disabled" didn't mean that the device was disabled but that geofencing was disabled.  Once I enabled geofencing the devices showed the correct zone.   Closing case.

Gatherer Aspirant
Aspirant
Am having exactly the same issue.
How do you mean “geofencing was disabled”?
Do you mean simply switching to geofencing mode? When I do this both our devices still show as “disabled” and geofencing doesn’t work. So frustrating! Had hoped the years of bugs would perhaps be gone in new version but I guess not!
randinnc Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry that didn’t work for you. Yes that is what I meant. Of course before doing that I had rebooted the hub, rebooted the phones, made sure the Arlo app had location services on always (IOS). The devices were disabled but geofencing was not turned on. When I turned it on, they suddenly were in zone and it has been working since.
NoGeo702 Aspirant
Aspirant

Just enabling Geofencing did not work for me, I had to reset the hub and remove and reinstall the app. Then the phones returned to either in or out of zone. However, when that happened, my cameras no longer sense motion. They are on the network and can be viewed live but won’t or can’t detect motion. All settings are correct. I am going to try and remove them, reset them, and then reinstall them onto the hub. If that does not work I am going to blow it up and start from scratch. 
Very frustrated with the amount of time spent in constant system repair. 

Gatherer Aspirant
Aspirant
Incredibly frustrating isn’t it.
I’ve had years of troubleshooting and frustration. Definitely wouldn’t have bought the system if I had known how buggy it was.
NoGeo702 Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is what finally worked for me with reference to the cameras not detecting motion. This sequence worked. Remove the camera battery and delete the camera from the app. Power cycle the hub then add the camera back into the system. If I did not power cycle the hub, it would not add the camera. For the first time in a month, the entire system is functioning. 

randinnc Aspirant
Aspirant
Glad you finally have it working! I never had the motion problems, just geofencing. Think maybe you have the complete solution for others.