Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phone app lag logging in

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dougski60
Tutor
Tutor
On Android the arlo app is terribly logging in. I often have to stop it and restart it several times. It doesn't behave with LastPass either. My phone is otherwise fast and smooth (pixel XL). What gives? It can takes many minutes to log in, if there was a security issue the person or situation is likely to be far in the past once I get in. . Once logged in it isn't bad, so it seems to be a server side authentication issue. Thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this happening on both wifi and celluar?... Have you chaeck the response on a pc via browser to make sure the system is 100%?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Dougski60
Tutor
Tutor
Wifi or cell, yes no difference. Always slow. I have not compared computer browser. I'm talking phone only.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This has been reported and there are open cases, including mine, on this.  It's under investigation but no resolution yet.

I have 3 Android devices.  2 generally work fine (old Galaxy Nexus running LineageOS 13.1 and a Nexus 6 with stock 7.1.1) but my tablet, a Nexus 10 with LineageOS 14.1, has this issue.  Even the ones that work fine have the occasional issue but not often.  The tablet requires that I almost always have to use the multitask soft button to kickstart things.  I'll get the inital blank screen and will hit the button and wait. That almost always causes the Arlo app to pop back up.  Sometimes it will log in, sometimes I have to use the button again. Occasionally I have to force stop the app to get it to work.  Try using the multitask button trick since it's much easier than force stopping to get through the login.

Dougski60
Tutor
Tutor

Wow, that is a perfect description of the behavior of the app and what you can do to try to work around it. Is your case on the board? Should I be closing this and hopping on to your (or whichever one is the "master") so I can hear about any resoution. Sounds like it primarily affects newer os devices....

Thank you very much for posting.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no "master" case but I'd recommend opening your own using the Contact Support link at the bottom here just for completeness.

You're right - it's just affecting certain devices with recent OSes (I think it's an OS issue but may be related to specific issues with specific devices).