Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Only recording 10 seconds

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
janickb
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro is suddenly recording only 10 second videos.

It has always been configured to record for as long as motion is detected and was working fine. It STILL shows "record for as long as motion is detected".

I rebooted the system.

I changed the mode to record for 30 seconds after motion

Still only records 10 seconds.

Is Netgear limiting recording for those of us on the free plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master

There has been no announcement from arlo you should be getting recordings longer than 10sec.

Can you try creating a custom mode same as the armed mode to see if that works, there have been some legacy bug issues since the last firmware repairs. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master

There has been no announcement from arlo you should be getting recordings longer than 10sec.

Can you try creating a custom mode same as the armed mode to see if that works, there have been some legacy bug issues since the last firmware repairs. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, try and Edit a mode to a fixed time... if it works at 30 secs fixed , then the issue is not at your end.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to add that motion has to be detectable by the camera, not your eye. First step is to go outside and walk side to side, slowly increasing the distance to the camera. My tests have shown that the camera will keep recording for ~5 seconds after detection is lost.

janickb
Aspirant
Aspirant

> Also, try and Edit a mode to a fixed time... if it works at 30 secs fixed , then the issue is not at your end

If you read the OP, you'll see that I already tried that and it did not work.

that motion has to be detectable by the camera, 

I understand that. It *used* to work. But when 100% of an entire week of recording is at 0:10 while you have a construction crew working right in its field of view, something is wrong.

> try creating a custom mode same as the armed mode to see if that works, 

That worked! Thanks.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Have you tried pulling the camera batteries for 10sec to reset them?

I read others having to completely remove and reinstall from new although you risk getting them back so not recommended and hence the question regarding creating a custom mode.

Dannybear
Master
Master

So if the custom mode fixes the issue then you will need to delete the camera rules in the armed mode and rebuild new rules to clear out the corrupted values.