Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Odd Behavior

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Avenger1r
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the Arlo Pro system for a while now. I have three cameras linked to the base station. Front Yard, Kitchen, and Back Yard. I have had them set up to record for a set lenght of time on movment individually. That lenght of time is 2 minutes. Everything worked well for the first few months. Then, recently, if one camera detected motion, they all recorded for random amounts of time. I would get notified that "Front Yard Camera has detected motion." but the library will show all cameras at that time for times ranging from a few seconds to 2 minutes. 

My settings have not changed. I verified that if Camera 1 dectctes, camera 1 records for two minutes. and so on. But that is NOT be behavior it is exhibiting. What it is doing is if Camera 1 dectects, camera 1 records for 23 seconds; camera 2 records for 34 seconds, camera 3 records for 10 seconds. 

I have reset the system a few times. Blew away my account and re-enabled it. And I still ge the same behavior. I do not have any custom modes, just armed and disarmed. However, I do use ITTT for the geo fencing (because there are two of us and Arlo's geo fencing only works with one, apprarenlty.) IFTTT is only switching from Armed to Disarmed. 

Any help? Thank you in advance!! 

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Avenger1r,

This sounds like a custom rule configuration. Can you provide a screenshot of your rules? This may help us understand why you're seeing this behavior.

JamesC

Avenger1r
Tutor
Tutor

Sure here they are. I am only showing the one for the front door camera and todays library. Two events where all three cameras recorded for different times. It is pretty simple: Front door detectes motion, records for 120 seconds. But that is not what is happening. Thank you!! Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture.JPG

Capture.JPG
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Avenger1r,

Nothing in your Arlo rules is indicating that this should be taking place. Are you sure you don't have any IFTTT applets that are causing this to occur? I would recommend removing any third party integrations that you have set up so we can isolate the issue.

JamesC

Avenger1r
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you James for your recommendation. I completely disabled IFTTT and reset my Arlo account once again. Re-paired the cameras with the base station and set up my account with Arlo. I  set the same settings as before (Record and notify on motion for the camera that sees it only, and record for 2 minutes) 

After testing it, it is showing the same exact behavior as before. Nothing has changed. All cameras record for a few seconds at the same time. I do get notified of which camera saw the motion, but all cameras record. 

I should point out that my my internet connection is not the greatest as I live out in the country. I am on Verizions LTE Network with unlimited data. However, this was not an issue before all this started happening and I do not know why that would cause all cameras to record. 

So, I am still stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am actually considering dumping this system in the trash can and getting the Wyse cameras. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Avenger1r,

This definitely isn't normal behavior and I don't see any reason why you would experience this due to being connected to the LTE Network (especially if it was working as expected previously). I will open and escalate a support ticket on this issue and forward the ticket number to you in a private message.

JamesC

WhisperAutumn
Star
Star

Thank you!  Waiting

WhisperAutumn
Star
Star

Please someone address this issue.  

Same issue daily.