Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
kb9hgi
Tutor
Tutor

I got a new phone Samsung Galaxy s23 plus I put arlo app on it from the play store and I can't seem to get notification all the time. I get notifications when I'm home on my phone. But when I'm away from home like at work I don't get notifications . I did not have this problem on the old Samsung Galaxy 8 plus phone that I had before this new phone. Yes notification is on for Arlo. I even tried reinstalling the app no good. Anyone have a Idea?

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kb9hgi,

Are you connected to WiFi at work? If you use your data connection on your mobile device, do notifications work?

JamesC

kb9hgi
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried both wifi at work  and 5G from my phone provider. It works and does not work. I never had this problem with my old phone so thinking its the new phone which is a Samsung Galaxy s23 Plus. I have tried everything and played with all notification settings. So i just gave up

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is working a resolution for this issue. I will provide an update here on the community once we have a solution available.

JamesC

kb9hgi
Tutor
Tutor

I hope they figure something out. I was thinking getting different brand cameras but they might do the same thing on this phone. All my other notifications work except ARLO. I have to shut notifications off then turn it back on and then it  works for awhile and then back to nothing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kb9hgi,

The most recent update to the Arlo Secure mobile app included fixes for this issue. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo Secure mobile app downloaded and installed from the app store.

JamesC

kb9hgi
Tutor
Tutor

Well it did not fix mine. I have uninstalled several times and download and installed to my Phone and still does not work right. You have to go in and shut notifications off for ARLO and turn them back on and it will work for awhile then nothing. until you turn off notification off and on again.