Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification: "No Arlo Smart plan yet" #VMS3230

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Hairfarm
Star
Star

I have recently seen a message after logging into my Arlo app: "No Arlo Smart plan yet". It appears in the Subscription area of my Arlo settings. Anyone else get this notification/message?

A link is then provided:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062163/Where-is-the-Basic-Subscription-plan

Do I need to choose a new basic subscription or can I just leave it as it was and continue to get the 7 days of free cloud storage and support for up to 5 cameras that originally came with my Arlo kit? As it is I do not have a paid subscription with Arlo, nor do I want one.

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Reading is fundamental ....  🙂

From the first paragraph of link ;

If you have an Arlo Wire-Free, Pro, Pro 2, Go, Q, Q Plus, or Arlo Baby camera, you don’t have a ‘paid’ subscription. You currently have and will continue to have all the benefits that were included with the purchase of your camera, including 7-day free cloud storage.

Some Arlo Ultra cameras are bundled with a subscription to Arlo Smart. After the subscription expires, the Ultra camera will have the following available features:

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
paulredmond
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a problem with this. I opted to try the Arlo Smart plan on 2 of my cameras and it is like I now don't have the ability to trigger any recordings based on motion. In addition, I do not have any of the smart features enabled either.