Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not a single Arlo IFTTT recipe works with Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dude727
Tutor
Tutor

I recently bought an Arlo Pro starter kit and am highly frustrated because not a single IFTTT Applet works with the Arlo system; they all fail, and mostly all of the answers I can find out here are from 2016. Specifically, I am trying to use the Hue "Blink lights when motion is detected by Arlo." In following advice from much older threads, I have dropped my firewall settings entirely (did nothing) and completely removed and added back every single Arlo component after doing a full reset (also an utter waste of time). I have "Tweeted out" to Arlo support and they have not responded. I am ready to return the system and go to Nest.  Please help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It worked for me. If you're having an issue with IFTTT, let me tell you that Stringify is 100x better and incorporates IFTTT in it. Give that a try

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It worked for me. If you're having an issue with IFTTT, let me tell you that Stringify is 100x better and incorporates IFTTT in it. Give that a try

dude727
Tutor
Tutor

Steve T. - you are my new hero. I've been fighting with Arlo and IFTTT for about two weeks now and nothing worked. Five minutes with Stringify and my automation between Arlo and Hue is up and running -- thanks SO much! 

dude727
Tutor
Tutor

Here is some other weird information (not sure how useful it is) ... but it's surely odd: After I got the automation between Stringify and my automation between Arlo and Hue working (thanks to Steve T.'s recommendation) strangely, the IFTTT Applet just started working. Weird ...