Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
steven_chen
Follower
Follower

Hi, it's been a long time that the two way audio fuction not working on the Arlo Pro camera (only receiving audio, can not talk back) when using LTE network. What is even worse is that as of now (6/27/17) the the Arlo app don't have the option for me to talk. Please find out what is going on ASAP because it's been like this for a very long time. 

21 REPLIES 21
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your mic is missing, delete the app and reinstall , it should return

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
002ten
Star
Star
Yup, my escalated case has been opened for 6months now with no fix. 2way audio is still not working on LTE. Now they have Arlo Pro 2, and they havent fixed the issue on Arlo Pro 1.
saernz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey man I have an arlo q on android 8 with the same problem and I did the following and got it to work:
Go into the android Apps & Notifications in settings -> App info -> Arlo -> Storage -> and clicking Clear Data.

002ten
Star
Star
Thank you! But I have iphone 7.
rickyjn
Tutor
Tutor

I spoke with support today about this topic and she told me that two-way audio does not work on any Arlo cameras due to a problem at their end.  Support is working on it.  Looks like a year later still no fix.  I don't think they even read these problems and just mark them solved with no solution.

I do not have a problem sending back an $800.00 system because of mis-advertisement.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rickyjn,

The issue being discussed here is likely different than what you are experiencing. Currently, there is an issue with push to talk when using iOS devices with iOS version 11.3. Are you using iOS?

This is currently being investigated by the engineering team.

JamesC

rickyjn
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James.  I am using iOS 11.3. 

Arlo Pro does not have a two way talk feature that works with Apple products.  Be honest with people. Camera Might work with IOS should be told to buyers.  Just what makes you think that I would chime in if the problem did not match mine and I was not using IOS?  

This system is to expensive for you to criticize my input and question my being on this site. 

Please stop closing these issues by saying Problem Solved and shutting down post.  It took me days to find an active one and your still avoiding an answers by saying I don’t belong here.  Best Buy replacement gives me a new set every time something goes wrong. It’s to late to get a refund but I have two years to exchange it every time something goes wrong. If there is no two-way audio, I will keep swapping them out until it’s is fixed or Netgear admits there is a problem.

Keeping information from your customers just makes them return a product that could be great and word of mouth goes a long way now. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rickyjn,

I apologize if I wasn't clear in my explanation...no threads on this have been marked as solved or shut down. This particular thread is discussing an old issue that has since been resolved. The issue you're describing with push to talk not working correctly is specific to iOS11.3 and is more widely being discussed here: Push to talk STILL not working

Engineering is currently working on this issue.

JamesC

Spynet56
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just installed Arlo pro 3 camera station. Everything went fine until I tried to use push to talk using IPhone X 11.3. Doesn't work. I expected to get what was advertised and I paid for. Read other threads. Disappointed as this was a selling point for choosing this system. I need to know resolution plans. If none back this thing goes. Quick, fast, and in a hurry.
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

It has nothing to do with ios 11.3. The same issue on an old software in iPhone 6.

Rigeltords
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has this been resolved? I have iphone 5 and 8. Speaking thru the phone doesn't transmit the sound or is not being received. Via computer, it works fine.

Chasrunyon
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I can’t 2 way talk with my I phone? Is that correct?
Spynet56
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is correct. When I touch the microphone icon a button opens that says press to talk. When I press it turns red. The cameras have great listening audio.
Spynet56
Aspirant
Aspirant
It shows in some pictures etc. microphone turns green when opening to push to talk. If that is correct I dont get that effect.
Spynet56
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has not been resolved.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC

MSPS2015
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are using Android 8.0 and have the problem of the 2 way talk not working properly. We can hear audio from the camera, but when we push to talk, they cannot hear us, and the audio cuts off. Is there a solution for android users?? We have the 4 camera Arlo, and bought from Best Buy.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MSPS2015,

While holding the microphone button, you will not be able to hear audio from the camera. Are you able to hear once the microphone button is released?

If no sound can be heard from the camera when you're holding the microphone button down and talking, try turning up the camera speaker volume within Settings > My Devices > select camera > Audio Settings > Speaker Volume

JamesC

ecutone
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having problems with the 2 way audio,  I could hear but the camera would not have any sound.  I have an andriod s7 edge.  I tried everything and it would not work.  Called arlo suport and they told me there is a known issue. 

I ended up going into my settings and reset network.  (this removes all of our remembered wifi settings).  Once the network was reset and i connected to the wifi again, the camera audio wofked fine.  This was exact same case with the arlo pro 2 camera.  Thought I would share.....

MSPS2015
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have the same issue as you. I will try resetting g the network and see how it goes. We have Android 8.0 and using a Samsung S8 and S8+.
MSPS2015
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC, yes the mic and speaker are set at 100%. I will try resetting the network and see if that helps.