Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

After the latest arlo app update (ios) the push notifications do not support Swedish characters å,ä and ö. They are replaced by ? instead. This is only for arlo push and not itger cameras or services I have.

Edit: Added cameras to google home and they were added with ? Instead of Swedish characters evwn though they have Swedish characters in the arlo app.

So problem with characters seem to be when arlo sends out info about the names outside the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

Since the latest update on ios this is now fixed. I had to rename without swedish characters. Then rename back and it would not change back to the new name with swedish characters at all. The change never hit, but restarting arlo base station it did. Tested this on the previous ios app and it did not work. But in this update it did.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Linusl

Do you happen to have screenshots of this issue?

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

Here is a screenshot. You can see the name of the camera and the name in the push replaced with ? sign. Same when it is synced to G Home the ? signs appear from Arlo. This is after the last update.
IMG_0235.PNG

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this issue occurring on an iOS device or Android or both? I see you mentioned google home & provided a screenshot of an iOS device.

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
iOS device.
In the Arlo app the name is correct but in the push it does not show the characters since last update. When I sync arlo with google home the characters are also distorted. When I sync arlo with other 3rd party services the characters are also distorted. So something has happend on the arlo side not communicating/sending the characters correct (push and 3rd party services) since last update.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with the App characters showing as question marks. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Linusl

I have a few questions for you:

1. Are you still experiencing this issue?
  2. Does it occur everytime you receive a PN?
  3. Is this occurring for all cameras receiving a PN?
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
Yes to all 3 questions.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you download the latest version of the Arlo iOS app 2.17 & see if the issue persists.

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
Same with the new update aswell
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Linusl

Thank You for letting me know, I will provide this update to the development team & provide an update as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Linusl

Can you try & retype your camera name and save it > test again. This should help with the notification character issue. 

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
One of the first things I tried and I just tried it again and still not working.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for letting me know the results, I have provided this information to the engineering team. I will provide an update as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Linusl

May I ask if you changed the cameras name to an alternate name then change it back? or did you use the same name again? If not, can you try this method and let me know the results?

Thank you!

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

Since the latest update on ios this is now fixed. I had to rename without swedish characters. Then rename back and it would not change back to the new name with swedish characters at all. The change never hit, but restarting arlo base station it did. Tested this on the previous ios app and it did not work. But in this update it did.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, I am glad everything is working for you. have a great weekend!