Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No push notifications to iPhones or ipad

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Odusbulldog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an arlo pro with 5 cameras - all was working fine until last night - now I no longer receive push notifications to our iPhones or iPad.  We have reset the entire system and still no push notifications. I receive emails but can not get my emails to alert my devices. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems to be a recent iOS issue.  Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop versions of these pages.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

Ongoing push notifications thread here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Push-notifications-no-longer-working/td-p/1189007/jump-to/...

I'd be more inclined to think it's a Netgear issue for two reasons

1) I updated to iOS 10.2 four days ago and push notifications worked until this morning

2) There are new features available (record until motion stops max 300 sec) even though the firmware version is the latest (1.8.2.4_10232)

serghe
Guide
Guide

My system didn't record any motion this morning on all 4 cameras. I restarted and now 3 are recording motion, but no notifications. Still trying to figure out what to do with the fourth one.

Kulit1234
Tutor
Tutor
Same here. It all happened last night.So my push notification stopped working on all my apple devices. It still sends me email but push notification quit working after 2 weeks. I have all the notification on and had deleted the app and reinstalled. I turned off and in my system too to have it reboot but still none. Its just not my iphone but my husband and ipad as well. We have the arlo pro 4 cameras. It was working fine for 2 weekes until last night
serghe
Guide
Guide

Are you still getting recordings from all cameras?

Odusbulldog
Aspirant
Aspirant
All five cameras operate as they should just no push notifications to iPhone or iPad. Emails are being sent as they should but can't get email to alert me that I have an email.
Kulit1234
Tutor
Tutor
Got emails and recordings but no notifications
Joeymal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only one of my 4 cameras are recording on top of the. push notifications not working with no statement acknowledging the problem from arlo at all on any of their social media outlets or even here on this site I can't help but feel that my 700 dollar investment really isn't worth the hassle I'll be returning my system today
serghe
Guide
Guide

All my cameras are working now. Still no push notification 

Odusbulldog
Aspirant
Aspirant
So is NETGEAR getting these reports or do I need to contact them another way since some many of us are experiencing the same issue?
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

mine doesn't work either as of this morning.

Odusbulldog
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello - not sure what was the fix but my push notifications have started to work properly again on my arlo pro system. Thank you to everyone for your input and support assistance!! I hope your systems are working again!
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Mine is also working again
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC