Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No push notification when geofencing changes state on Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lakehouse38
Star
Star
I have an Arlo Pro VMB4000r3. Within the last 2-4 weeks geofencing stopped sending push notifications to my phone when it changed from home to away or vise
versa. I checked and I have push notification set "on" in geofencing. It worked in the past. Not sure what changed. Currently I have "home" set to "schedule" and "away" set to "armed". I have two iPhone 7s setup for notification. Geofencing is switching between "home" and "away" correctly. I don't get notified when it switches. Any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu in these cases, it is sometime easy to force an app stop and delete the cache

OR

Delete app and reinstall and see if it makes a diff

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Lakehouse38
Star
Star

I stopped the app but was not able to find a way to clear the cashe. I power cycled my iphone as well.  Now the app is running again.  While I was looking for a place to clear the cashe I found under the phone "settings-arlo-arlo settings" a switch labelled "Location In/Out Notifications".  I turned this switch on.  Now I get two notifications when I enter my Geofencing area but I did not get any notifications when I left the area.  We are making progress but not completely there. My iphone is at version 10.3.3 and the Arlo app is version 2.4.3 and the system VMB4000r3 has firmware 1.8.10.1_13433. I will continue to test.  My next option is to uninstall the app and reinstall it.

Lakehouse38
Star
Star

I have now turned off "Location In/Out Notifications" in the phones Arlo settings.  This feature notifies you when you have entered or left the range set for geofencing.  This function does not work properly as it sends notifications that I have left and entered the zone while I am sitting in my house.  For this reason I have turned it off.  As for the main reason for this post I have made some progress.  I have stopped the app, rebooted my iPhone and uninstalled the Arlo Pro app and reinstalled it.  I now get a notification that geofencing has switched to Home.  It does not send me notification when it switches to Away.  I did check and the app shows that the system has switched to Away mode but I did not get notification.  We are half way their but I am not sure what to try next.  Any suggestions?