Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Well, I did some research on this and in mode all my cameras (3) have my email for push notifications. I'm getting them on my phone ARLO app but not my dekstop. 

Any ideas why not on my desktop or will that not happen if I'm getting them on my phone?

Any suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Push notifications are a mobile device platform feature.

The website access does not support push or email notifications.

Email notifications are an alternative and will go to your email account only.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Push notifications are a mobile device platform feature.

The website access does not support push or email notifications.

Email notifications are an alternative and will go to your email account only.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for that info. 

Not getting them in my email. Used to, no more. Prefer email but guess I'll have to live with it.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Check the email account spam folder maybe.

Check the arlo mode’s camera rules to see if email notifications are enabled.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks DannyBearAgain for your response.

Nothing in spam. When I go to the cameras in Mode, it shows my email address. Goes to email in phone but not desktop. Doesn't do me any good because I don't always have my phone turned on and many times when it is I don't have it with me.

Any other ideas welcomed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Obviously, the email has to go to the proper email account. Silly question but are you checking the same email account on both phone and computer? If it shows up on one platform, it shows up on any other that's using the same credentials. What email client are you using (gmail, etc.)?

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for that. I'm in total agreement with you - doesn't make any sense. That's why I posted my question here thinking I might be overlooking something.

I use gmail with both my desktop and Galaxy phone. Same login info. When I get the notifications on my phone they are from ARLO and not in my gmail link. However, responses from the Community show up on gmail on both my phone and desktop. Doesn't make sense to get community notifications on both but not motion notifications.

I'm clueless because I had no problems in the past.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I rather think you're confused by which notification you're using. You initially said "email for push notifications" which can't be true. You have a choice of push notifications (a pop-up from the app which a computer doesn't use) and/or email notifications which sends an actual email. If you look at your modes and rules, each rule should have these choices at the bottom of the rule which you can select singly or together. If you have push notifications selected, that will only notify on your phone since the app is running. You would need to also select email notifications to be notified on your computer since that's the only way the computer can receive any notifications. Note that email notifications are sent after the whole video is uploaded while push notifications are (almost) instantaneous.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks again. I'm sure it's my mistake. Will go back and review what I have.

However, before that I have a question.

What is "paired device"? When I go to my devices and click on my base, at the bottom is shown here

Capture2.jpg

What is this? I chose restart but still comes up after. Never had this before.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Khone wrote:

What is "paired device"?

Just a list of devices that are connected to that base.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Why in red with trash can? Never had that before.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Like the button for Remove Device, it's basically a warning that you could be doing something you don't really want to.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Discovered my mistake. 

Thanks for your response.