Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
crmr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I recently pluged off the USB storage from my system and since I did that I videos are not saved in my libary any more! how can I fix this? so videos continue to record in the cloud?

thank you

14 REPLIES 14
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Have you tried restarting the base?

crmr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, but it didn't solve the problem. Thanks for your help
Streak2
Master Master
Master

When you go to settings, your base, local storage what is shown there?

crmr
Aspirant
Aspirant
It shows "no USB device connected" and USB recording is off and automatic overwrite is off too. Thank you
Streak2
Master Master
Master

That's odd. I have never used USB recording and mine is set to on. Will it let you set it to on with no USB device attached?

Also, the windows app. says :-

SD Card Recording (set to on)

Automatic Overwrite (set to on)

Enabling this allows new recordings overwrite old recordings when available storage falls below 5MB
No SD card plugged in

When there is no SD option on the Arlo Pro's. I guess it's an error in the PC app.
crmr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your help Streak2! I set everything as you have it on your settings, hopefully it will solve the problem. I am on a business trip right now so I hope I won't be able to test the settings until I get back home 🙂 but I will give you some feedback next week!!!
Thank you
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Streak2 wrote:

That's odd. I have never used USB recording and mine is set to on. Will it let you set it to on with no USB device attached?

Also, the windows app. says :-

SD Card Recording (set to on)

Automatic Overwrite (set to on)

Enabling this allows new recordings overwrite old recordings when available storage falls below 5MB
No SD card plugged in

When there is no SD option on the Arlo Pro's. I guess it's an error in the PC app.

I don't know where you got this unless it's a copy and paste from the Q cameras.  The Pro base settings show:

USB Device Recording - slider for on/off

Automatic Overwrite - slider for on/off

Streak2
Master Master
Master

@jguerdat 

I have tested this on two different Arlo Pro bases one at home and one at a client and it's the same when accessed via the PC app. It however shows correctly from my Android device.

On the one Arlo Q I have installed when I go to settings there, there is no local storage option.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I misspoke about the Q - should have said Q Plus. Sorry 'bout that.

As for the browser issue, I'd suggest clearing the cache as well as trying a different browser. I have tried using Chrome with no issues.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Tested with Chrome, Edge and IE with cache cleared on two different PCs, one having never visisted the https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login site.

Same result!! It's not browser related.

arlo1.JPG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I think I found the quirk.

When there is no USB device plugged in it reports as an SD card as per my image.

When a USB device is plugged in then it correctly reports as it should.

Remove the USB device and it reverts to SD.

Netgear are lucky to have us as beta testers!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Not here - just tried it multiple times.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The SD on screen immediately changes to USB as I plug in the USB device.

When I unplug the USB device, it stays as USB until I log off and then log in again when it changes back to SD.

Try and remove the USB device then re-login.

As mentioned this is only on the PC interface not on the Android app.