Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Time and Date Stamp on photos

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nodatestamp
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought system at Costco did not realize captured photos dont have a date and time stamp. I need this info. I am taking system backed to costco. July 2017. Great system but more of a toy without this info.
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure you aware of this, but the file name when downloaded is the creation date/time in EPOCH time ( computer time ) easily converted to human time

Tho, Yes, a date/time stamp in the video would be nice and has been requested many times

example snapshot in jpg is called 1499958421827.jpg

epoch convert makes that Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:08:11 GMT

https://www.epochconverter.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jerbi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, a simple human date time and ---- which camera took the video. 

We should convert each one using a website?  Could they atleast give us the conversion algorithm?  but you would still have to convert each one by one.

You could convert the video titles to text and then batch them through a program you would write.  This is crazy

BTW the time stamp and the serial number of the camera is retrievable in Path Finder, so this means that the info's already in the file!!   You still have to bring up the file in Path Finder each time, copy the text info to another file and store it with the video file.  This is crazy

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

I had been DL'ing mine from my phone but just did one with a PC. The name becomes montionRecord.mp4 instead if the date/time.