Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Mic 🎤What is going on?

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Magw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had this product for 3 weeks now it doesn't work properly. I paid almost $800 dollars for useless equipment 4 camera and a iCloud station which is no longer compatible and bestbuy has a 15 day return policy what is going on? Will this problem be fixed anytime soon?
12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Magw wrote:
I have had this product for 3 weeks now it doesn't work properly. I paid almost $800 dollars for useless equipment 4 camera and a iCloud station which is no longer compatible and bestbuy has a 15 day return policy what is going on? Will this problem be fixed anytime soon?

There are at least 4 other threads .... the MIC icon was somehow deleted in the latest iOS App release the other day for the PRO camera.

It does not effect the PC usage or Android app.

It will be fixed ASAP... but it may take a week +/-  due to Apple's app process of aproval

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Magw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased a mycloud to use with Arlo now with the new updates my files don't transfer automatically and the mycloud device isn't even showing up. I call Tec support and they had to escalate it to another dept. I have to wait 48 hrs do you have any other suggestion to get mycloud back online? With my Arlo.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To be honest , I wasn't aware that Arlo worked with mycloud.... was it working in the past before yesterdays app update

Magw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. That's why I'm so messed up this system cost a lot of money.🤔
Magw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn't want to have to pay for a yearly or monthly subscription is the reason why I purchased a My Cloud
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you didn't mentioned WHICH tech dept you called, but I'd also call the second one you haven't.

Anytime you get two diff companies products not working together , it can be a headache fiq which one is at fault

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has deployed a fix that should resolve this issue. Users may need to log out and log back in to their iOS app before they will see fix.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the microphone icon when live streaming using the Arlo iOS mobile app.

JamesC

marygb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I followed the instructions to log out/log in, but there is still no mic icon. I purchased my Arlo Pro just a few days ago, and apart from this ssue, it's great!  I use it to monitor my dog while I'm away. I would like to use the mic function to talk with him and calm him down if needed. 

Jeep4x4Rider
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mic is back in IOS, I had to go to the profile and then logout and log back in.
Jeep4x4Rider
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also restarted base station before logging off and back in, not sure if that is what fixed the issue.
chassisdr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just spoke with support.  The fix is supposed to be sent to each acct.  This is a real failure.  Why would we spend hundreds extra to 'not speak' to the intruder?

Weak response from the company.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

A recent update on the iOS App came through.. Delete App & Re-download or loggin out your  account and restarting the App are some of the options to make it work..