Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Vision overexposed

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TimKaas
Aspirant
Aspirant

When my arlo at night takes a night vision capture of a person at my door, the person is totally overexposed therefor you can't even see the face, cause the person is totally overlit.

I tried to change some of the brightness settings, but I only see a change there at daylight.   (then the picture is perfect)

anyone has an idea what I am doing wrong, cause when I google I see much better night view pictures

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have another camera to swap around? It may be that one camera. It can also be the distance, if you can move the camera back a few feet, it may help. Also, if the rest of the view is essentially black, the autoexposure wil try to brighten the whole scene. The picture you provided is cropped so we don't know what the rest is like.

Arlo8000
Tutor
Tutor
Did you find a solution to this? I'm having a similar problem with two of my cameras. However unlike your image everything is over exposed as if the camera is unable to filter its own infrared light. I found if you power cycle the camera the problem temporarily goes away indicating a software bug.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd say if power cycling helps temporarily, it's a hardware problem. Open a case with support here for a possible RMA.

Arlo8000
Tutor
Tutor

Though the poblem would be software. If the hardware is the same and works for 12+ hours after a cycle doesn't that indicate a software issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it were software, more folks than you would be experiencing this.