Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Vision but person is white blur

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Daisy_L5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed Arlo Pro a few weeks ago and works fine. But last night the driveway camera got triggered and the recording showed the typical dark background but the moving figure was a sharp white blur but saw the shape of an arm so I know it was a person!. Only saw the figure for 8 secs and was very close to the camera so probably dodging the camera. The motion sensor flood light is near the camera. Is it possible the whiteness was caused by triggering the camera and light at the same time and standing so close to the equipment?
3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

An object very close to the cameras will cause the IR light to reflect back into the camera. Try it with your hand.

If you position the motion light correctly you may be able to trick the camera into thinking it's daylight and it may switch to color. Either way, if you have a lamp assisting the camera then you could just run the camera with the night vision turned off.

Daisy_L5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thxs! I need to figure out the camera as I don't know how it got triggered so late up the driveway.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I get recordings like this and it turns out to be a spider crawling on the face of the camera. Here's an exAMPLE:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bi0ml10vjuxn49p/1525746014563.mp4?dl=0