Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New arlo pro volume problem

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Redblack
Initiate
Initiate
I just got my 3 cam pro setup and it works well for the most part but the audio is only half working. I tried looking for a solution on here but didn't see any threads with the same problem.

So the issue with my cameras is that after I hit the mic on my app I can talk to the person in front of the camera but I can't hear them. It's very faint and I can barely make out what they say if I hold my phone next to my ear.

What's weird is prior to hitting the microphone button the volume is loud on my phone and I can hear them clearly.

Any suggestions? I have the latest firmware on the app and on my iPhone.
10 REPLIES 10
greekspiro
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue!  For me it started after a recent update.  I've called in and they keep on saying that's how it's supposed to work. 

Netgear, please fix this!  The main reason for getting this over the Blink Xt at my front door is for the ability to talk and hear back.  It doesn't work, which at this point, I'll just stick a Blink XT camera since 2 way doesn't work. 

And netgear, please stop with the generic answer that it's not an issue, it def is an issue. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering for review. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Soulbizkit
Tutor
Tutor
Has this problem been fixed?? I just bought the Arlo Pro with 2 cameras and installed them, all is well but the volume goes away the second i hit the mic icon for push to talk...... its drivin' me crazy.... i have an iPhone 7, and everything has been updated to the latest version...... help.
Craige51000
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes same here just bought the new Arlo pro camera system in Australia and sane think can hear good when it records and speaker works fine but when the person talks back on it it's so soft you can hardly hear what they are saying what's the point of having if your can't have a 2 way convo as it states on the box ,, Arlo fix this or I'm ditching the whole lot !!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app is now available. Please make sure you update to the latest version from the App Store. See here for details: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.1 - 24th May 2017

JamesC

TeeBot
Initiate
Initiate

I just installed my 5 camera Arlo Pro system on June 25. I can hear the audio from the camera on my Samsung phone just fine. It picks up bird chirping, traffic noise, etc. However the volume from camera's speaker is so low that I can't use it to talk to visitors outside the house.  Is there a fix for this? Since I just installed this, I must have the latest app and firmware.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TeeBot,

Do you see the same behavior when using the web client? Also check your phones audio volume settings.

JamesC

WilliamsJoel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having the exact same problem.  I have Arlo Pro and Samsung S7 Edge.  Everthing seems to work fine except the push to talk.  The volume is so low on the camera that it is not usable.  Open to any help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are still experiencing this issue after checking your device settings to make sure there are no volume issues, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

georgebalanchin
Tutor
Tutor

I too had to make a decision in the Blink vs Arlo Pro battle and proudly chose the latter. Arlo Pro is way better than Blink XT and offers more features and flexibility.

I have no idea why you're sticking with Blink since it can't offer anything special or superior.