Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo pro, base Ethernet port seems dead

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
KAH61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

When power up the base station for the first time, the Ethernet port seems dead. The router/switch shows that cable is connected, but no light in the Arlo Internet LED. I Have tried different cables and verified switch/router with a PC with wired net.

Performed a reset of the base, no difference. Power LED goes to green after booting, camera LED to yellow.

No light in the internet LED (exept for Orange ->green during reset.)

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KAH61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem solved.

To fast yesterday..

I have a Zykel P2812 combined TV/breadband/wireless router/switch.

Only one port can be used for internet, the remaining 3 are for television only, and gives no IP adress to the Arlo.

Using the one port reserved for PC/switch solved the issue. 

Howewer, the «Arlo pro guick start guide», page 15 - Base Station LED Guide-,  states « off, the base station is not connected to your router».  True, but is had a physical connection, but the router is not giving it an IP adress.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KAH61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem solved.

To fast yesterday..

I have a Zykel P2812 combined TV/breadband/wireless router/switch.

Only one port can be used for internet, the remaining 3 are for television only, and gives no IP adress to the Arlo.

Using the one port reserved for PC/switch solved the issue. 

Howewer, the «Arlo pro guick start guide», page 15 - Base Station LED Guide-,  states « off, the base station is not connected to your router».  True, but is had a physical connection, but the router is not giving it an IP adress.