Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo app still quite comparatively broken

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
jankyupeblik
Guide
Guide

With the old app/system, I got:

- a timely single notification with a more or less immediate screenshot and immediate access to a complete video unless it ended up being a very long video capturing lengthy continuous motion

- a UI that didn't break

- a smooth scrubber that worked when you dragged it somewhere

- audio that played when the video was apparently supposed to be playing, and stopped if you exited the video at all

With this new app/system, instead I get:

- notifications sometimes without new video, frequently no immediate screenshot, /VERY FREQUENTLY/ long delays before the video shows up in library (this is frankly maddening)

- the UI regularly breaks, expanding over the top status area of iOS

- the video scrubber jumps about instead of smoothly progressing, and if you click-and-drag it sometimes nothing much happens

- audio frequently keeps playing after I have pressed the stop button, exited the video to another part of the app, or even started to play another video or view the "live" feed

I'm not sure why the very long introductory thread with so many reported issues was marked as solved and closed. These issues endure. The utility of these very expensive devices has gone from quite excellent to truly mediocre. Without these issues being addressed I will have no choice but to seek a complete refund on many hundreds of dollars' worth of Arlo camera gear, and I promise you I will get it.

0 REPLIES 0