Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Pros won't recognize existing schedule

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mudskipper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought two Arlo Pros to add to my existing Arlo system consisting of an older base station and a regular Arlo cam.  The Arlo Pros won't arm themselves when in schedule mode, whereas the original Arlo does.   The Arlo Pros work fine in both Armed and Geofencing mode.  I've tried rebooting the base station, editing and resaving the schedule, disabling/reenabling the cameras, but none of these work.  I have not tried deinstalling and reinstalling the app yet, since I'd rather not go through that effort if there is some easier fix I could try.   (My app does appear to be the latest version.)   Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that newly added cameras have to be manually added to your modes.  The Armed mode will get them automatically but custom modes need new rules added to support the new cameras.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that newly added cameras have to be manually added to your modes.  The Armed mode will get them automatically but custom modes need new rules added to support the new cameras.

Mudskipper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  That solved the problem.

IMO the interface design is confusing.  Schedule mode looks like it is a default mode that should work the same as Armed, Disarmed, and Geofencing.  That is,  you shouldn't have to add cameras in custom mode to get it to work.   At the very least, the UI should include some helpful hint that you need to also add the cameras in custom mode.