Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Pro with dead battery

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Milo12
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought an Arlo Pro and it would not sync to the base station, no flashing lights.  I removed and replaced the battery but no change.  I then thought maybe the battery is dead even though they claim it is shipped charged.  I plugged it into the wall charger and I get 1 second of fast blinking blue led and then nothing.  It has been charging for hours and no led's of any color.

Do I have a defective camera/battery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Milo12
Initiate
Initiate

I found the problem is the battery connection.  If I leave the case open and sqeeze the battery I can get the camera to sync and show video.  I have done the updates on the base and camera.  The problem is the camera constantly disconnects so it is unusable.  I am going back to Bestbuy today and exchange the system.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Milo12,

Were you able to get the camera to sync after plugging it in with the power cable? If so, does the battery indicate in the interface that it is charging or fully charged?

JamesC

dshadyb
Initiate
Initiate

I just got one of these systems for christmas and I am having the exact same problem.  One camera connected fine with no issues and works as expected.  The other one turned on and tried to sync once and then it became offline after a few seconds.  Since then it has been completely unresponsive.  I have tried charging it overnight.  I can't get any of the lights on the camera to respond and therefore have been unable to sync the second camera.  

arfellow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got my Arlo Pro kit just a few days ago. I thought I had the same problem, but it seems that the Arlo cameras and the HomeBase will do a firmware update and will appear to be offline for up to 15 mins. I was almost ready to pull the plug and reset everything. If I did that, it might have turned out badly as that would have interrupted the firmware update.

I don't know why the update happened automatically, but the app does show that an update available. I never gave it the go ahead to do the update. The cameras did that on their own. After the "automatic" update, the app shows there's another update. The 2nd update did not start automatically and I gave it the OK to do it.

Milo12
Initiate
Initiate

I found the problem is the battery connection.  If I leave the case open and sqeeze the battery I can get the camera to sync and show video.  I have done the updates on the base and camera.  The problem is the camera constantly disconnects so it is unusable.  I am going back to Bestbuy today and exchange the system.